||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010)|
26 September 1944 |
Lauban, Lower Silesia, Prussia, Germany
Helmut Bakaitis (born 26 September 1944) is a German Australian director, actor and screenwriter.
Bakaitis was born in Lauban, Lower Silesia, Germany (now Lubań, Poland) to Lithuanian parents. He was educated at Fort Street High School, Sydney, where he made a startlingly strong impression with his mature characterization of the title role in Hamlet, a school production which was performed on the steps of the Sydney War memorial. He is best known for his role in the The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions as the character The Architect. Helmut held the position of Head of Directing at Australia's National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) for nine years until 2007.
- Happy Feet (2006) ... Live Action Cast
- The Illustrated Family Doctor (2005) ... as John
- All Saints (2003) ... as Salvator Forlano in episodes "To Forgive, Divine", "Wrong Call", "Older and Wiser"
- Syntax Error (2003) ... as Doctor
- The Matrix Revolutions (2003) ... as The Architect
- The Matrix Reloaded (2003) ... as The Architect
- The Farm (2001) ... as Judge Wescott
- Drama School (2000) ... as Helmut Bakaitu/Himself
- A Difficult Woman (1998) ... as Chancellor #2
- Police Rescue (1996) in episode "Nobby's Place" as Dr. Mayfield
- Home and Away ... as George Morris (1988)/Peter Fraser (1997, 1998, 1999)
- Melba (1987) ... as John Lemonne
- I Can't Get Started (1985) ... as Sidney
- aka Act Two
- Shirley Thompson vs. the Aliens (1972) ... as Harold
- Stork (1971) ... as Clyde
- Homicide in episodes "Taken Care Of" as Larry Fenton, "Dead Shot" as Tommy Fraser, "The Living Death" as Don Lambton
- Shirley Thompson vs. the Aliens (1972)