||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
Schyffert in performance
|Birth name||Per Henrik Schyffert|
|Born||February 23, 1968|
|Spouse||Bea Uusma Schyffert (1996-2012)|
|Notable works and roles||Whale|
Schyffert was a VJ for MTV Europe in the late 80's. In 1992 he hosted the comedy TV show I Manegen Med Glenn Killing, also starring Robert Gustafsson and Johan Rheborg. The program was later turned into a successful stage show.
In 1993 he created the radio show Hassan with Kristian Luuk in Stockholm. The show centered around prank phone calls and off-the-wall comedy sketches. He left Hassan as his career with the "Killing" gang took off, and he and Luuk were replaced by Fredrik Lindström. After the show's cancellation in December 1994, Hassan became a cult phenomenon, and as of October 2008 seven CDs have been released with material from the show.
Also in 1993 he released the single "Hobo Humpin' Slobo Babe" with Gordon Cyrus and ex-girlfriend Cia Berg, under the name Whale. Whale's first album, We Care, was released two years later, and the next album, All Disco Dance Must End In Broken Bones followed in 1998. The band toured extensively, and supported Blur on their U.S. tour in 1995. Whale disbanded in the late 90's.
He and the rest of the "Killing" gang made three more hugely successful TV series — NileCity 105.6, Percy Tårar and Fyra Små Filmer — before hitting the big screen with Fyra Nyanser Av Brunt, which won four Guldbagge Awards in 2005, including Best Film and Best Leading Actor. Schyffert co-wrote the film and played the role of Richard.
In 2005, he made a documentary for Swedish national TV, about humor around the world, in which he interviewed John Cleese, Eddie Izzard, Conan O'Brien, Dylan Moran and others. He also went to Japan to perform stand up comedy in Japanese. This eventually led to him creating Stor i Japan (English: Big In Japan), an experiment in the form of a reality show in which two of Schyffert's friends, Jens Sjögren and Sebastian Hedin, travel to Tokyo and attempt to achieve fame within 30 days. Stor i Japan aired in eight one-hour episodes on TV6 Sweden in the fall of 2008.
In 2008, he invited many of his comedian friends to subject him to a roast in front of a live audience to celebrate his 40th birthday.
In 2008 and 2009 he had a very successful run with touring one-man show The 90s - Ett Försvarstal. The very last performance was broadcast live on Swedish television on 23 May 2009.
- 1986 – Eldorado (radioprogram)
- 1992 – PopiTopp (tv-serie)
- 1994 – I manegen med Glenn Killing - Live från Berns (tv-sänd scenshow med Killinggänget)
- 1994 – Hassan (radioprogram)
- 1995 – Bert - den siste oskulden (film)
- 1995 – NileCity 105,6 (tv-serie med Killinggänget)
- 1996 – Percy Tårar (tv-serie med Killinggänget)
- 1996 – Knesset (tv-program)
- 1999 – Fyra små filmer (4 tv-filmer med Killinggänget)
- 2000 – Glenn Killing på Grand (tv-serie med Killinggänget)
- 2001 – Kritikerna (tv-serie)
- 2001 – Heja Björn (tv-serie)
- 2002 – Spermaharen (endast utgiven på dvd och projektets hemsida, med Killinggänget)
- 2002 – Grammisgalan (tv-gala, prisutdelare)
- 2003 – Parlamentet (tv-serie, medverkade till år 2004)
- 2004 – Fyra nyanser av brunt (4 tv-filmer med Killinggänget)
- 2005 – Parlamentet (tv-serie, comeback)
- 2005 – Melodifestivalen 2005 (tv-tävling, pausunderhållning)
- 2005 – Dokument:Humor (tv-serie)
- 2006 – Veckans nyheter (tv-serie)
- 2007 – Sverige dansar och ler (tv-serier)
- 2007 – Svenskar är också människor (tv-serie)
- 2008 – Sverige pussas och kramas (tv-serie)
- 2009 – Maskeraden
- 2008 – Stor i Japan - ett experiment av Henrik Schyffert (tv-serie)
- 2009 – Hjälp! (tv-serie, gäst)
- 2009 – Roast på Berns
- 2010 – Dom kallar oss roliga
- 2010 – Landet brunsås
- 2012 – Historieätarna
- 2013 - Allt faller