Ho Chi Minh City Open University
|Ho Chi Minh City Open University|
|Đại học Mở Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh|
|Motto||Together we will plan the future|
|Rector||Nguyễn Văn Phúc|
|Location||Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam|
Ho Chi Minh City Open University (Vietnamese language: Đại học Mở Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh) is a public university located in District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. This is the first open university in Vietnam. The university was initially Ho Chi Minh City Open and Semi-Private University established in July 1993, then it obtained the present name on 26 June 2006.
- Faculty of Business Administration
- Faculty of Economics & Law
- Faculty of Finance – Banking
- Faculty of Accounting – Auditing
- Faculty of Biotechnology
- Faculty of Civil & Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Computer Science
- Faculty of Foreign Languages
- Faculty of Sociology – Social Work – Southeast Asian Studies
Every year the Open University of Ho Chi Minh spent an average of 10% to 15% of funds to equip laboratories, library investment. Current system of university laboratories meets the requirements of the experimental practice of students training program.
The university has also focused on the work of serving students. Library held more than 500 seats, with computer intranet and internet to help students look up the documents. Library now has a Web-based management software, process automation system to borrow books and return. In the library is 40,000 copies (English and Vietnamese) in different curricula, reference books, journals and dissertations of undergraduate and graduate students ...
- The university is maintaining and developing partnerships, exchange information with other organizations and universities to seek foreign collaboration capabilities that link the university training, postgraduate, short courses and vocational training. The work of international cooperation has started with a positive trend and there are many good progress.
- Vietnam Belgium Master Program, Université Libre de cooperation with Brussels, Belgium. Conducted from 1995 to now, MBA training. Since 2001, open training MSc Management and Economics from the State in 2004 to open more training programs Master of Business Administration - Information Systems.
- The cooperation program compiling textbooks, trained social workers, school social studies, social work practice and scholarship support for students of Sociology.
- The program is conducted regularly every year since 1993, is assessed annually and create credibility for the scientific study on women with other international organizations Raddda Barnen (Sweden), Ford Foundation, World Vision International, Church World Service (USA), University of Oxford (UK).
- Recommended Programs Teachers Volunteer Organization Youth Educational Services (U.S.) conducted continuously since 1994. Teachers are teaching enthusiastic reviews, good. The volunteer teachers are then engaged to teach the other Faculty.
- Student Exchange Program with Kyungnam University (Korea). Cooperative program between the two schools was carried out on many areas such as student exchanges, support teacher training and exchange of lecturers.
- Schools also received much help from the Japanese non-governmental organizations to help prevent audio-visual equipment, helping British Council learning materials ... universities in the world has as much support for enhanced Capilano College training programs under the credit system, construction of distance education programs, help train teachers write curriculum for distance learning.
- The international conference program and invited foreign lecturers for the training of school teachers.
- The university officials to participate in study abroad such as Canada, Thailand, USA and UK ... Many faculty members from foreign universities through the visiting teaching and research at the University.
- E-learning program of cooperation with United Kingdom.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ho Chi Minh City Open University.|