Homer L. Ferguson High School
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2007)|
Ferguson High School was formerly a high school in Newport News, Virginia, named for Homer L. Ferguson, who was president of Newport News Shipbuilding from July 22, 1915 until July 31, 1946. It was operated by Newport News Public Schools.
The high school closed in 1996, and was used by adjacent Christopher Newport University until the early-2000s. The former site of Ferguson High School on Warwick Boulevard is now the site of Ferguson Center for the Performing Arts, a theater and concert hall, on the campus of Christopher Newport University.
- NFL player Aaron Brooks, who attended the University of Virginia, played for the Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints, and the Oakland Raiders, graduated from Ferguson High School.
- Michael Vick, who plays for the New York Jets, also attended Ferguson High school and transferred to Warwick High School in his junior year after Ferguson closed. Michael Vick attended Virginia Tech, before becoming a professional player.
- Larry Bethea who attended Michigan State University and played for the Dallas Cowboys in the NFL.
- Dan Henning used to coach football at Ferguson High School. He is the former head coach of the Atlanta Falcons (1983–1986), the San Diego Chargers (1989–1991) and of the Boston College Eagles (1994–96).
- Atlanta based Music Producer and Publisher J. Lamont Harris (Jeff), who has produced works at the world famous Stankonia Studios home of Outkast graduated from Ferguson. Harris is currently CEO and President of Ebbtide Music LLC, which owns Ebbtide Records and Eastside Perimeter Muzik in Atlanta.
- Atlanta based Music Executive and Founder of the Midatlantic Music Conference Kysii Ingram graduated from Ferguson in 1990. He also maintains the Homer L Ferguson Alumni Group
- Charlie Flowe graduated in 1996, sports talk radio host and sports reporter in Philadelphia for the World Sports Show
- San Francisco Plastic Surgeon James J. Romano
- San Diego mogul Rob Sherman
- Patricia Goodson, concert pianist.
- Chris Holt, entrepreneur.
- Electrical Tycoon Bryan Daniels