The Horse Hospital is an arts venue in central London, England, which caters for literary and spoken word events, underground film and avantgarde media screenings, and visual art exhibitions. Founded in 1992 by Roger Burton the venue opened with Vive Le Punk! a retrospective of Vivienne Westwoods punk designs in 1993.
Programmed by Roger Burton and Ian White the venue became increasingly important to London and beyond. James.B.L. Hollands later replaced White as curator. Throughout its existence a variety of guest curates have worked with the venue.
In 1998 the Horse Hospital hosted the debut British exhibition by outsider artist / painter Joe Coleman which attracted a new audience. Subsequently the venue played host to a variety of performers, musicians, artists and writers, including Dame Darcy, Anita Pallenberg, Iain Aitch, Jack Sargeant, Chris Carter, David Tibet, Stewart Home, and others.
It has also been used by various record labels, publishing houses including Soft Skull Press and Clear Cut Press. and journals such as Strange Attractor for special events, as well as a screening space for numerous film festivals including the Fashion in Film Festival, and London International Animation Festival amongst others .
- 1993 Vive Le Punk! Vivienne Westwood
- 1998 Original Sin, Joe Coleman
- 1998 Remote Control, Laurie Lipton
- 1998 Meet, Brian Griffin
- 1999 Car, Photographs by Peter Anderson
- 2000 Oh Lover Boy, Franko B
- 2000 The Situation At This Address Has Changed, Sculpture, Drawing, Painting Harry Forbes
- 2000 Transromantik, Cathy Ward and Eric Wright
- 2001 Two Es And A Viagra, Peter Rigby
- 2001 Beat 13!, Lucy Mclauchlan, Tim Watkins, Al Murphy
- 2001 Hospital Brut, The Toxic art of Le Dernier Cri
- 2002 David Tibet and Steven Stapleton
- 2003 The Bogside Artists
- 2003 Unquiet Voices, English and American Visionary Art 1903 - 2003
- 2004 Heralding the Apocalypse, Barry Hale
- 2005 THE 45TH ANNUAL CONVENTION OF THE MIDDLEMAN AND THE CHERRY BRIGADE - Tai Shani
- 2006 Some Bizzare Exhibition, Stevo Pearce 
- 2007 Visual Athletics Club, Edward Barber
- 2007 The Other Side of the Island David J Smith
- 2008 Miron Zownir - Radical Eye
- 2008 Sandow Birk - Dante's Inferno
- 2008 Sacred Pastures - Cathy Ward, Eric Wright and Norbert Kox
- 2008 Instead of wives, they shall have toads, Stephen Fowler
- 2008 From Fear to Sanity - CND and the Art of Protest from 1958–1963
- 2009 The Impossible World of Stu Mead
- 2010 HOLOGRAPHY for Beginners, Ole Hagen
- 2010 DRAG AND CINEMA, CINEMA IN DRAG – BRICE DELLSPERGER
- 2010 FAKE FOOD & FAST CARS: THE POP COUTURE OF KATE FORBES
- "Stevo: Bizzare after all these years "Independent Online Edition, accessed 22 December 2007