Humboldt High School (Iowa)
|Humboldt High School|
Learning and Successful for All
|1500 Wildcat Rd.
Humboldt, Iowa, 50548
|Type||Public High School|
|School district||Humboldt Community School District|
|Assistant principals||Greg Thomas|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue & Gold|
|Athletics conference||North Central Conference|
Humboldt High School has about a 17:1 student / teacher ratio. There are about 389 students enrolled in Humboldt High.
R. Wesley Carlson auditorium is in the west portion of the school, and is used for school events such as musicals, plays, and band and chorus concerts. Carlson, for whom the auditorium was named, was a superintendent at Humboldt from 1970-1989 and the auditorium was dedicated in his honor June 19, 1989. There is seating for 450 attendees.
Humboldt High School offers many opportunities through athletic and co-curricular activities.
Humboldt High offers many athletics a student can be involved in. Some include volleyball, football, girls and boys cross country, girls and boys basketball, wrestling, girls and boys track & field, soccer, girls and boys golf, baseball, and softball . Humboldt Football was 12-1 in 2006, and won a Class 3A State Championship.
- Bruce Reimers, an offensive lineman for the Cincinnati Bengals and Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1984–1993.
- Frank Gotch, a wrestler who went 154-6 in his wrestling career, winning the world heavyweight championship in 1908.
- Frank Gotch (MD), American physician who derived the mathematical expressions Kt/V and standardized Kt/V used internationally to quantify and prescribe dialysis therapy for kidney failure.
- Jon Porter, member of the United States House of Representatives in Nevada.
- Kevin Dresser, Head coach of wrestling at Virginia Tech.
- Dick Schultz, baseball and basketball coach at Humboldt High School and later the University of Iowa
- "Iowa School District Profiles Humboldt". Iowa State University. June 2013. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- Student Teacher Ratio Humboldt High School - Humboldt, Iowa - IA
- "Bruce Reimers". The Pro Football Archives. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- Hirsley, Michael (December 12, 2005). "Hero still has hold on town". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- Mishak, Michael (September 21, 2008). "Porter: Played in rock bands, learned about responsibility early". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- "Dresser joins festival slate". Northern Virginia Daily. April 8, 2011. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- Crowe, Jerry (January 17, 1989|). "He's Opening NCAA's Door : Schultz Closes Gap Between Members and Organization". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved May 27, 2014. Check date values in: