Hyun Jin Moon
|Hyun Jin Moon|
|Alma mater||Harvard Business School|
|Parents||Sun Myung Moon
Hak Ja Han
Hyun Jin Moon, also known as Preston Moon (born 1969), is the Chairman and founder of the Global Peace Foundation. Dr. Moon who is the third son of Korean spiritual leader Sun Myung Moon and his wife Hak Ja Han is a passionate advocate of peace and strongly champions the vision that all Humakind is One Family Under God. Hyun Jin Moon took part in the 1988 and 1992 summer Olympic Games as a member of the South Korean equestrian team. He graduated from the Harvard Business School with an M.B.A. in 1998. He is married to Rev. Chung Hwan Kwak's daughter, Jun Sook Kwak.
Hyun Jin Moon established Service for Peace between 2000 and 2002. Service for Peace is an international service and educational non-government organization that is recognized by the United Nations.
Hyun Jin Moon founded the Global Peace Foundation in 2009 . He is active as its chairman. In December 2013, Dr. Moon spoke at the Global Peace Convention 2013 held in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia where he blamed religious fanatics for global inter-faith conflicts.
Moon was a keen equestrian rider and regularly competed at a young age. Moon when onto become a two time competitor at the Olympics as part of the South Korean team. He competed in Seoul 1988 and Barcelona 1992 Olympics.
- Wetzstein, Cheryl (3 September 2012). "Unification succession plan announced". Washington Times. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- Neusner, Jacob (2009). World Religions in America: An Introduction. Westminster John Knox Press, ISBN 978-0-664-23320-4
- "Rev. Moon oversaw large, often bickering brood". Associated Press (Fox News). 4 September 2012. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- Cowan, Douglas E.; Bromley, David G. (2008). Cults and new religions: a brief history. Blackwell. p. 260. ISBN 1405161280. "... Hyun Jin represented South Korea at both the 1988 and 1992 Olympic Games as a member of the equestrian team ...."
- From the Unification Church to the Unification Movement, 1994-1999: Five Years of Dramatic Changes by Massimo Introvigne, Center for Studies on New Religions.
- UN list of DPI's
- Tuan, Chan Cheng (28 August 2012). "Seeking reunification, Korea can learn something from us". New Strait Times (Highbeam). Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- Founder and Chairman, Global Peace Festival Foundation, Founder and Chairman, GPFF