|Industry||Social media marketing, email marketing, Email service provider (marketing), software|
|Headquarters||Morrisville, North Carolina, U.S.|
(Founder / Former CEO and President)
(Co-founder / Former Executive Chairman)
(Current Vocus CEO & Chairman)
|Products||On-demand social media and email marketing software|
Number of employees
|51 – 200 |
iContact Corporation is an international online service provider of email marketing and social media marketing to small, mid-sized, and premier[clarification needed] businesses located in Raleigh, North Carolina.
In 2007, the company was re-branded as iContact.
On March 14, 2012, Vocus began laying off a significant number[quantify][clarification needed] of employees to avoid the cost in the overlap of a number of positions, with Allis also stepping down[why?] from his role as President.
Awards and recognitions
In 2008, iContact received the Entrepreneurial Excellence Award from Council for Entrepreneurial Development (CED).
In 2011, iContact was named the second-fastest growing company on their Fast 50 list of the 50 fastest growing companies in the Triangle.
Also in 2011, Deloitte's 2011 Technology Fast 500™ Ranking ranked iContact 83 out of 500 top companies in all of North America for percentage growth from 2006 to 2010. It also ranked 17th out of all companies categorized as "Internet Companies."
iContact's Customer Service and Tech Support won the 2011 International Customer Management Institute's (ICMI) Global Call Center of the Year Award.
In early 2012, iContact is acquired by Vocus, Inc. for approximately $89.6 million in cash and 401,672 shares of Vocus common stock.
- "iContact's overview on LinkedIn". Retrieved 2014-09-15.
- Triangle Business Journal (June 5, 2007). "Broadwick Corp. to go by the name iContact". Triangle Business Journal. Retrieved 2007-07-05.
- Raleigh News & Observer (August 30, 2010). "Software-Maker Raises $40M". Raleigh News & Observer. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- "Vocus acquires iContact for $169 Million". Digital Media Wire. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- Houghton, Aaron (2008-06-06). iContact Honored at CED's 2008 Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards. Techinnoventure, 6 June 2008. Retrieved from http://www.techinnoventure.com/?p=108.
- iContact Named 2009 Software Company of the Year by North Carolina Technology Association
- #2 iContact - Triangle Business Journal
- Deloitte’s 2011 Technology Fast 500™ North American Ranking
- TopTenREVIEWS. "2013 Best Email Marketing Service Comparisons and Reviews". TopTenREVIEWS.com.