I Believe (Nikki Yanofsky song)
|Single by Nikki Yanofsky|
|from the album I Believe / J'imagine - CTV's 2010 Winter Games Theme Song EP|
|Released||January 26, 2010|
|Recorded||2010 in Montreal, Quebec|
|Length||4:11 (EP version)
3:38 (Single version)
|Label||Universal Music Canada|
|Writer(s)||Stephan Moccio, Alan Frew|
|Producer(s)||Stephan Moccio, Phil Ramone, Jesse Harris|
|Certification||5× Platinum (CRIA)|
|Nikki Yanofsky singles chronology|
"I Believe" is a song sung by Canadian jazz-pop singer Nikki Yanofsky. Written by Stephan Moccio and Alan Frew for Canada's Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium, it was used as the official promotional song for both the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, and the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Themes from this song appeared in the main title sequence music, and were used to create cues for use during actual Olympic coverage broadcasts.
Both the English and French versions were recorded in Montreal, Quebec, along with the help of The Montreal Symphony Orchestra and children from the area, who supplied the backing vocals in both languages.
It was noted in the media that the lyric "I believe in the power of you and I" is grammatically incorrect.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||1|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||33|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||36|
"Today Was a Fairytale" by Taylor Swift
|Canadian Hot 100 number-one single
February 27, 2010 - March 27, 2010
"Wavin' Flag" by Young Artists for Haiti
- "Gold and Platinum". Cria.ca. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- Can't fool you and me: grammarian says lyrics to 'I Believe' anthem flawed, retrieved March 1, 2010
- "Canadian Recording Industry Association (CRIA): Gold & Platinum - January 2005". Cria.ca. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- February 19, 2010 Canadian Billboard Update, retrieved February 20, 2010
- "Nikki Yanofsky Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Nikki Yanofsky.
- "Charts Year End: Canadian Hot 100". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved October 1, 2012.
- "Annie Villeneuve Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Annie Villeneuve.