Ian Wilkinson (cyclist)
British National MTB Marathon Champs.
Margam Park, 1 June 2008
|Full name||Ian Wilkinson|
April 14, 1979 |
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||78 kg (172 lb; 12.3 st)|
|Current team||Team Raleigh|
|Discipline||Road, MTB and Cyclo-cross|
|Rider type||Circuit/RR & XC/Marathon|
|Trek Y2K (WCPP)
Science in Sport /Trek
Team UK Youth
|Infobox last updated on
22 February 2014
Ian Wilkinson (born 14 April 1979) is an elite racing cyclist from Barnoldswick in Lancashire who rides for Team Raleigh. A prolific rider, he competes at the top level in cross country and marathon mountain bike racing, cyclo-cross, circuit and road racing. He is a multiple national champion, winning championships as a junior, under 23 and senior rider. He has represented Great Britain at many international events such as World Championships and World Cups in several disciplines. He was a member of British Cycling's World Class Performance Plan between 1999 and 2001. He then went to France to ride on the road for a year before returning to Great Britain to ride for ScienceinSport.com, followed by stints riding for Giant RT and Science in Sport/Trek. Outside of cycling, Wilkinson's occupation is as a builder.
For the 2009 season, Wilkinson signed up with Team Halfords Bikehut. In 2010, Wilkinson joined Endura Racing, remaining with the squad for three seasons before joining Team UK Youth in 2013. He was announced as part of the Team Raleigh squad for 2014.
- 1st XC, British National Mountain Biking Championships – Espoir (U23)
- 6th XC, European Mountain Biking Championships – Under 23
- 3rd Marathon, British National Mountain Biking Championships
- 8th British National Circuit Race Championships
- 8th XC, British National Mountain Biking Championships
- 14th British National Road Race Championships
- 8th Overall, Premier Calendar
- 5th Overall, National Circuit Race Series
- 4th Beverley Town Centre Circuit Races
- 3rd Otley Grand Prix
- 6th Rochdale Grand Prix
- 3rd Colne Grand Prix
- 2nd Clitheroe Grand Prix
- 3rd Travelwise Warwick Town Centre Circuit Races
- 2nd Overall, National Points Series, XC
- 1st Ellis Briggs Grand Prix
- 2nd XC, British National Mountain Biking Championships
- 3rd Overall, Bikeline 2 Day, Premier Calendar Round 1
- 1st Overall, Girvan 3 Day, Premier Calendar Round 3
- 1st Stage 3
- 2nd East Midlands International CiCLE Classic, Premier Calendar Round 5
- 7th Lincoln Grand Prix, Premier Calendar Round 6
- 10th Ryedale Grand Prix, Premier Calendar Round 9
- 7th Blackpool Grand Prix, Premier Calendar Round 10
- 1st Roger Martin Memorial Road Race
- 4th Rochdale Grand Prix, National Criterium Series
- 7th Colne Grand Prix, National Criterium Series
- 1st Sherwood, British Mountain Bike National Cross-Country Series Round 2
- 4th Margam Park, British Mountain Bike National Cross-Country Series Round 2
- 5th National Trophy Cyclo Cross Series 2006/07, Round 1, Cheltenham
- 1st Marathon, British National Mountain Biking Championships
- 7th Overall, Bikeline 2 Day, Premier Calendar Round 1
- 1st Stages 1 & 3
- 8th Overall, Girvan 3 Day, Premier Calendar Round 3
- 1st Colne Grand Prix Elite Circuit Race
- 3rd British National Cross Country Mountain Bike Championship
- 6th British National Cyclo-cross Championships
- 1st Salford Nocturne
- 2nd Travelwise Warwick Town Centre Circuit Races
- 1st Preston City Centre Criterium
- 4th Eddie Soens Memorial Road Race
- 4th Overall, Girvan 3-Day Road Race
- 1st Rutland–Melton International CiCLE Classic
- 2nd Chas Messenger Trophy Road Race
- 2nd Lincoln Grand Prix
- 1st Stage 2, FBD Insurance Ras
- James, Phil (23 June 2011). "‘Superman’ flies over line". Lancashire Telegraph. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Team ScienceinSport-Trek Riders 2008: Ian Wilkinson".
- "BCF announces MTB riders for 2004 Olympic squad". Cycling News. 18 January 2001.
- "Team News: 2013 Line-up for UK Youth Revealed". VeloUK.net. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- Henrys, Colin (11 November 2013). "Yanto Barker among big-name Raleigh signings as strong 2014 team announced". Road Cycling UK. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- "Team Raleigh 2014". Raleigh Bicycle Company. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "Ian Wilkinson sprints to CiCLE Classic victory | Latest News". Cycling Weekly. 2010-11-17. Retrieved 2013-04-21.