Iceland Academy of the Arts (Icelandic: Listaháskóli Íslands) is an Icelandic institution of higher education, located in Reykjavík, which offers the only university-level degrees in the arts in Iceland. The institution was founded on 21 September 1998 by consolidating the Iceland Drama School and the Reykjavík Arts School, and classes began in autumn 1999. It has five departments: Art education, Design and Architecture, Fine Arts, Music, and Theatre and Dance.
- ^ Statistics 2009
- ^ a b Lisa Z. Valdimarsdottir, Iceland Academy of the Arts, Department of Design and Architecture - Library (pdf)
- ^ Institutional Charter, Iceland Academy of the Arts.
- ^ Accreditation Report - Arts - Iceland Academy of the Arts (pdf), 3 July 2007, pp. 7, 28.
- ^ Jóhannes Þórðarson, MA proposal for Applied Arts at the Iceland Academy of the Arts - dept. of design and architecture(pdf), 22 January 2010: "IAA started in 1999".
- This article incorporates information from this version of the equivalent article on the Icelandic Wikipedia.
Coordinates: 64°08′29″N 21°54′39″W / 64.14139°N 21.91083°W