Naseeruddin Shah (Father)Ratna Pathak Shah (Mother)
|Relatives||Vivaan Shah (brother)
Heeba Shah (Half - Sister)
Imaad Shah, born Imaaduddin Shah, is an Indian actor and musician. He is the son of actors Naseeruddin Shah and Ratna Pathak Shah, his maternal grandmother was actress Dina Pathak. He is also a theatre actor, and works with theatre company Motley, founded by Naseeruddin Shah and Benjamin Gilani. He has been a part of many productions including Katha collage, 'Waiting for Godot', 'By George' and 'Manto Ismat Haazir hain', apart from working with other groups.
Imaad made his acting debut in 2006 in Yun Hota To Kya Hota and in 2007 in Dil Dosti Etc, under Prakash Jha, where he played a young Delhi University student with a penchant for the secret corners of the old town. Later that year, in real life, while traveling to University in Mumbai on a Mumbai local train, he had an accident and was hospitalised with serious injuries when he fell out of the moving train.
His upcoming releases, including "404" and "Tasher Desh" have him playing dark and memorable characters, with more films in production including Mira Nair's "The Reluctant Fundamentalist" and Q's "Tasher Desh".
He is part of the Electro Funk/ Nu Disco duo MADBOY/ MINK and is frontman and guitarist/vocalist for the funk/ disco band The Pulp Society.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2006||Yun Hota To Kya Hota||Joy||Debut Film as Adult|
|2007||Dil Dosti Etc||Apurv|
|2009||Little Zizou||Artaxerxes Khodaiji|
|2013||The Reluctant Fundamentalist||Sameer|
- 404 Error Not Found (lyrics - as Immaduddin Shah)
- "Imaad Shah 'My parents are the biggest critics I have'". Bollywood Chaska. 19 May 2011.
- "What’s eating Imaad Shah?". Indian Express. Mar 23, 2009.
- "I know pain: Imaad ShahSubhash K Jha,TNN,". The Times of India. Mar 29, 2010.
- "Katha sagar". Indian Express. July 29, 2006.
- "Imaad Shah's new play on love and the city". DNA (newspaper). Sep 14, 2010.