In Case of Fire
|In Case of Fire|
In Case of Fire perform at the 2009 Leeds Festival. L-R: Stephen Robinson, Colin Robinson, Mark Williamson
|Origin||Portadown, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom|
|Genres||Alternative rock, progressive rock, new prog, post-hardcore|
|Labels||Search and Destroy, Zomba|
|Past members||Mark Williamson
In Case of Fire were an alternative rock band from Portadown, Northern Ireland, who formed in 2005. The band officially disbanded on 1 October 2012. The original line up consisted of lead vocalist and guitarist Steven Robinson, bassist Mark Williamson and drummer Colin Robinson. Their musical style has been described as "alternative rock" with "progressive" and "hardcore" influence, and have been compared to Muse, Queens of the Stone Age and Mars Volta. Critics have specifically praised the band's use of unusual time signatures. They are signed to Search and Destroy Records in the UK and the Zomba Label Group in the United States.
The trio won the MTV2 'Spanking New' competition, coming out on top of such acts as Adele, Foals, Black Kids and Lykke Li to be the "viewer's choice of bands to watch out for in 2008". They were the opening act on the 2009 Kerrang! tour supporting Bring Me the Horizon, Black Tide, Dir en grey and Mindless Self Indulgence, after receiving high praise from editor Paul Brannigan. He had said that the three-piece were "the best new band I’ve heard in ages". On 28 March 2009, the band supported Fightstar and Bullet for My Valentine at the Royal Albert Hall, in London for a special Teenage Cancer Trust show, after replacing The Blackout due to illness.
The band released their debut album, Align the Planets in May 2009 which received strong reviews from the alternative music press. Later, in August 2009 they won the Kerrang! Award for "Best British Newcomer". The band recently announced that they are currently demoing new songs, and that single "The Cleansing" will be re-released on 26 October 2009, featuring two new exclusive b-sides.
Second album (2010-2012)
At the end of April 2010, the band advertised an 'early album version' of "Burn the Bridges" on bandcamp. Their latest single, "Are You Ready?", and its b-side, is available as a free download at their bandcamp site.
The band announced via Facebook on 1 March that they had split from Raw Power Management, following several failed attempts to get the recording of a second album off the ground in the last year and a half, which had led the band to question its own existence. In the following month, demos of new songs "Pretender" and "The Reason" were placed on the band's Facebook page. In April 2011 it was announced via Facebook that Mark Williamson had left the band. The following November is was announced that Colin Robinson had also left the band. In October 2012, lead vocalist/guitarist Steven announced via Facebook that ICOF had come to an end.
- Former members
- Steven Robinson - lead vocals, guitars, lyrics (2005–2012)
- Craig Skene - bass guitar, backing vocals (2011–2012)
- Mark Williamson - bass guitar, backing vocals (2005–2011)
- Colin Robinson - drums, percussion (2005–2011)
- Touring members
- Align the Planets (2009)
|UK Singles Chart||UK Rock Chart||UK Indie Chart|
|2008||"This Time We Stand"||-||-||-||Align the Planets|
|"The Cleansing" (re-release)||-||-||-|
|2010||"Are You Ready?"||-||-||-|
|2009||Kerrang! Awards||Best British Newcomer||In Case of Fire||Won|
- "In Case of Fire". Rate Your Music. Retrieved 2009-08-03.
- "Sessions " In Case Of Fire". MTV.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-08-03.
- "In Case Of Fire - This Time We Stand". RedHotVelvet.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-08-03.
- "In Case of Fire - This Time We Stand (Single)". AltSounds.com. Retrieved 2009-06-03.
- "In Case of Fire to release second single". AlternatieVision.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-03-03.
- "In Case of Fire - This Time we Stand". iLikeMusic.com. Retrieved 2008-04-03.
- "Kerrang! Magazine" (1245). January 2009. p. 7.
- "In Case of Fire Sign Up". BBC. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
- "In Case Of Fire replace The Blackout in London". Kerrang!. Retrieved 2009-03-24.
- "News - The 2009 Kerrang! Awards winners". Kerrang!. Retrieved 2009-08-03.
- "...Are in the studio to demo new songs". Twitter. Retrieved 2009-09-07.
- "...The Cleansing - re-released on the 26th October with 2 exclusive new B-Sides". Twitter. Retrieved 2009-10-05.
- Katie Sweed (2012-11-18). "In Case Of Fire". Incaseoffire.bandcamp.com. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- Official Website (expired)
- In Case of Fire Interview on Spoonfed
- In Case of Fire interview with getcloser.com