International Council of Shopping Centers
|International Council of Shopping Centers|
The International Council of Shopping Centers Logo
|Headquarters||1221 Avenue of the Americas|
|Location||New York, New York, U.S.|
Founded in 1957, the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) is the global trade association of the shopping center industry. Its 60,000 members in the U.S., Canada and more than 80 other countries include shopping center owners, developers, managers, marketing specialists, investors, lenders, retailers and other professionals as well as academics and public officials. As the global industry trade association, ICSC links with more than 25 national and regional shopping center councils throughout the world.
The purpose of the Council is to advance the shopping center industry and to promote its role in the commercial distribution of consumer goods and services by:
- Providing educational programs and publications in all aspects of shopping center development, finance, management, marketing and other specialized areas of professional interest;
- Conducting meetings and other programs designed to promote the exchange of ideas among members and to facilitate the conduct of their business;
- Collecting and disseminating information pertaining to the shopping center industry, including statistical data and other statistical research;
- Developing and maintaining professional certification programs to encourage high standards for shopping center professionals;
- Advocating the interest of the shopping center industry to local, state/provincial, federal and international governmental bodies; and
- Publicizing to the general public promotional and educational shopping center business information.
The International Council of Shopping Centers maintains mutually beneficial relationships with national shopping center councils throughout the world. By coordinating with national councils, ICSC is able to raise its level of service and benefits to members. With ICSC's vast resources and expertise, plus the abilities and local knowledge of national councils, shopping center industry professionals reap the benefits of this synergistic relationship.
ICSC's RECon, Trade Exposition and Leasing Mall brings together more than 30,000 developers, owners, retailers and lenders for education and deal making. RECon Asia andRECon Latin America bring the successful RECon model to these growing regions. The Canadian Convention attracts major industry players from across the United States and Canada. Value Retail News also offers Spring and Fall Conventions that focus on the outlet industry.
ICSC conducts several multiday national conferences, bringing together industry professionals to share their knowledge and experience on such critical issues as design and construction, finance, law, research, management and marketing, financial management and accounting.
More than 30,000 take part in their regional deal-making events each year. These events bring together leasing executives, developers, brokers, property managers and retailers who are ready, willing and able to do deals. At Idea Exchanges, Regional Conferences and Local Programs, attendees can brainstorm with the best and the brightest. These provide the most accessible and successful forum for personally sharing knowledge and information on industry issues.
- "About the International Council of Shopping Centers". Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "ICSC Mission Statement".
|This article about a business, industry, or trade-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|