Isaías being presented by Adelaide United in 2013
|Full name||Isaías Sánchez Cortés|
|Date of birth||9 February 1987|
|Place of birth||Sabadell, Spain|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|2011–2013||→ Ponferradina (loan)||55||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 December 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Sabadell, Barcelona, Catalonia, Isaías was a FC Barcelona youth graduate from La Masia, and started playing professionally with CF Badalona in Segunda División B. In 2010 he signed for RCD Espanyol, but spent the majority of his first year with the reserves in Tercera División.
On 10 April 2011 Isaías made his first-team and La Liga debut, playing the last 22 minutes of a 0–0 away draw against Hércules CF. He spent the following two seasons on loan to SD Ponferradina, contributing with 27 games and one goal in his second to help the club return to Segunda División.
Isaías' excellent and consistent form saw him play a crucial role in Adelaide's style of play, and as a result played in close to every minute of the club's matches, both in the A-League and the 2014 FFA Cup, which Adelaide eventually won. Isaías scored his first goal for the club on 24 January 2015, a twenty-five-metre strike from outside the box, as the final goal in a 7-0 win over the Newcastle Jets.
Playing as a defensive midfielder for Adelaide United, Isaías can switch between defensive and offensive positions, and also drops into defence, allowing the full-backs to push forward. He is known for his ability to control the pace and intensity of the game, keep possession of the ball and launch attacks when his team plays from defence to attack.
- Hercules falter on home soil; ESPN Soccernet, 10 April 2011
- "Llega Roberto Santamaría y renueva Isaías" [Roberto Santamaría arrives and Isaías renews] (in Spanish). La Crónica de León. 6 July 2012. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- "Reds Spanish Armada about to arrive". Football Federation Australia. 8 July 2013. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- "Adelaide United’s Mr Fix-it, Isaias Sanchez, has won the Reds’ club champion award for his brilliant debut season". The Advertiser. 23 April 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- Reds are building on a theme; Perth Now, 7 October 2013
- Isaias Sanchez returns from suspension to provide options for Adelaide United; News.com, 25 October 2013
- A-League tactical round-up: how injuries deplete systems; The Guardian, 28 October 2013
- Adelaide United recruit Isaias Sanchez sets his sights on early Glory; Herald Sun, 12 October 2013
- A-League's new kids on the block; Black Page Lead, 30 September 2013
- Adelaide United – Season preview; Leopold Method, 7 October 2013
- Sanchez happy to fly under the radar; Football Federation Australia, 29 July 2013
- Adelaide United's Isaias Sanchez has the class and flair to keep fans coming back; The Telegraph, 26 October 2013