Ivan Gren-class landing ship
Ivan Gren class
|Name:||Project 11711 Ivan Gren|
|Preceded by:||Ropucha class landing ship|
6.000 t full load
|Range:||6,500 km at 30 km/h
(3,500 miles at 16 kts)
|Capacity:||13 main battle tanks and 300 troops|
The first ship is being built in Yantar shipyard in Kaliningrad. The vessel will have a displacement of 5,000-6,000 tons and will be able to carry up to 13 main battle tanks or 60 armoured personnel carriers or 300 marines. The first ship in the class was laid down on 23 December 2004. The hull of the Ivan Gren was completed by the end of November 2010. On October 9, 2010 a contract to increase work on the vessel was signed. The ship was launched on 18 May, 2012 and was scheduled to be delivered to the Russian Navy by 2014. Delivery of the Ivan Gren was delayed until 2015 while the second ship Petr Morgunov of the class began construction in October 2014.
- "07.02.12 Минобороны увеличит заказ на "Ясени" и "Бореи" - Военный паритет". Militaryparitet.com. Retrieved 2014-03-08.
- 14.02.2011 (2011-02-14). "Yantar shipyard to complete landing ship Ivan Gren in 2012". Rusnavy.com. Retrieved 2011-12-28.
- 10.09.2010. "Калининградский завод "Янтарь" получил контракт на продолжение строительства десантных кораблей". Flot.com. Retrieved 2011-12-28.
- 25.04.2012 (2012-04-25). "Landing Ship Ivan Gren Prepares for Launching". Rusnavy.com. Retrieved 2014-03-08.
- http://www.armstass.su/?page=article&aid=106772&cid=25 (Russian)
- "Russia orders second Ivan Gren-class landing ship". janes.com. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- Secret Projects - Project 11711 Ivan Gren
- Harpoondatabases.com - LST Ivan Gren (Project 11711) class
- Globalsecurity Project 11711
- All Ivan Gren class landing ships - Complete Ship List
- Combat fleet of the world 2012
|This article about a specific military ship or boat of the Soviet Union or Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|