J. Dwight Pentecost
Pentecost was Distinguished Professor of Bible Exposition, Emeritus, at Dallas Theological Seminary, one of only two so honored. He held a B.A. from Hampden-Sydney College (1937), in addition to Th.M. (1941) and Th.D. (1956) degrees from Dallas Theological Seminary. During his academic career he taught biblical subjects for over 60 years (Philadelphia College of Bible, 1948-55; Dallas Theological Seminary, 1955-2014). His nearly twenty books are written mostly for the general Christian reader. His pastoral career continued through this period.
- Ordained at Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania (Presbyterian Church) in 1941
- Pastor at the same Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania (Presbyterian Church) from 1941 to 1946
- Pastor at Devon, Pennsylvania (Saint John's Presbyterian Church) from 1946 to 1951
- Pastor at Dallas, Texas (Grace Bible Church) from 1958 to 1976
He traveled worldwide, speaking on his specialist subjects. A Festschrift, Essays in Honor of J. Dwight Pentecost, has been written. Edited by Stanley D. Toussaint and Charles H. Dyer. Published by Moody Press in January 1986, ISBN 0-8024-2381-7
Pentecost is possibly best known for his published writings, which are predominantly focused on issues of Christian living and the eschatological scriptures. Pentecost took a Premillennial and Pretribulational view of the unfulfilled prophetic passages of the apocalyptic biblical literature. He had a Dispensationalist position, however, and his Things to Come (1958) is characterized by a comprehensive review of almost every view on the biblical prophetic subject matter that has any form of prominence. 
- Things to Come, Zondervan, 1958 ISBN 0-310-30890-9
- Prophecy for Today : God's Purpose and Plan for Our Future, Zondervan, 1961 ISBN 0-929239-11-3
- Will Man Survive?
- The Parables of the Kingdom
- Pattern for Maturity (since retitled Designed to Be Like Him)
- The Joy of Intimacy with God : A Bible Study Guide to 1 John, Discovery House
- Faith That Endures : A Practical Commentary on the Book of Hebrews, 2000 rev. ed.
- The Divine Comforter : The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit, Kregel, 1963 ISBN 0-8254-3456-4
- Designed to be Like Him : Understanding God's Plan for Fellowship, Conduct, Conflict, and Maturity, 1966
- Your Adversary, the Devil, 1969
- Life’s Problems-God’s Solutions : Answers to 15 of Life's most Perplexing Problems, 1971
- The Joy of Living : Study of Philippians, Kregel 1973 ISBN 0-310-30871-2
- Design for Living : Lessons on Holiness from the Sermon on the Mount, Kregel, 1975 ISBN 0-8254-3457-2
- The Sermon on the Mount : Contemporary Insights for a Christian Lifestyle, Multnomah Press, Portland, 1980
- The Words and Works of Jesus Christ : A Study of the Life of Christ, Zondervan, 1981 ISBN 0-310-30940-9
- A Harmony of the Words & Works of Jesus Christ, Zondervan, 1981 ISBN 0-310-30951-4
- The Parables of Jesus : Lessons in Life from the Master Teacher, 1982
- Thy Kingdom Come : Tracing God's Kingdom Program and Covenant Promises Throughout History, Kregel, 1995 ISBN 0-8254-3450-5
- Things Which become Sound Doctrine : Doctrinal Studies of Fourteen Crucial Words of Faith, Kregel, 1996 ISBN 0-8254-3452-1
- Design for Discipleship : Discovering God's Blueprint for the Christian Life, Kregel, 1996 ISBN 0-8254-3451-3
- New Wine: A Study of Transition in the Book of Acts.Kregel, 2010 ISBN 0-8254-3597-8
- "Pentecost, J. Dwight". Dispensational International Research Network. Archived from the original on 2006-09-08. Retrieved 2006-09-05.
- Couch, Mal. Dictionary of Premillennial Theology. Kregel Academic & Professional. ISBN 0-8254-2410-0.
- "Pentecost, J. Dwight's CV". Retrieved 2006-09-05.