James S. A. Corey
|James S. A. Corey|
Franck (left) and Abraham in 2014
|Notable works||Leviathan Wakes in the Expanse series|
James S.A. Corey is the pen name used by collaborators Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck. Under that name they wrote Leviathan Wakes (2011), the first of several science fiction novels in a series called The Expanse. Leviathan Wakes was nominated for the 2012 Hugo Award for Best Novel and the 2012 Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel. The second novel, Caliban's War was released June 2012, and the third novel in the series, Abaddon's Gate, was released June 2013. Cibola Burn is the fourth full length story in the series, which was published on June 17, 2014, along with the announcement that Orbit Books has signed Corey for additional books in the Expanse series, bringing the total to 9.
As with many authors in recent years, between each pair of full-length books short novellas have been published. The first, a short story entitled The Butcher of Anderson Station: A Story of The Expanse was released as an eBook October 2011 and 69-page novella, followed by Gods of Risk, which was released as an eBook on September 2012. A third, The Churn, was released April 29, 2014. All are set in The Expanse.
They have also written the Star Wars novel Honor Among Thieves, which was published by Random House on March 4, 2014.
The first and last name are taken from Abraham's and Franck's middle names, respectively, and S.A. are the initials of Abraham's daughter.
- "James SA Corey - Abaddon's Gate cover art launch, synopsis and release date revealed".
- "CIBOLA BURN is available now and a big announcement!".
- "New Expanse Novella by James S.A. Corey, Gods of Risk to be published on 15th September".
- ""The Churn": An Expanse Novella by James S.A. Corey, by Varl V. Anderson". 2 May 2014. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- James S. A. Corey at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Lizard Brain – blog shared by Abraham and Franck
- James S. A. Corey at Library of Congress Authorities, with 5 catalog records
- Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck and at LC Authorities