Jared Emerson-Johnson conducting a recording session at AudioSFX.
|Born||October 13, 1981|
|Origin||San Francisco, California|
|Occupations||Composer, sound designer, voice director,
|Instruments||Vocals, keyboards, guitar, violin, mandolin|
|Website||Bay Area Sound|
Jared Nathaniel Emerson-Johnson (born October 13, 1981) is an American video game music composer, sound designer, voice director and voice actor. Emerson-Johnson is the Music Supervisor and lead composer at Bay Area Sound, an audio production company specializing in sound design, music and voiceover for video games.
Jared began his career as an assistant to composer Clint Bajakian on the score for LucasArts'. Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb. Emerson-Johnson has also worked as a sound designer for projects, including James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and Psychonauts. More recently, Emerson-Johnson was the composer behind the video games produced by Telltale Games, such as Bone, Sam & Max, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, Poker Night at the Inventory, Back to the Future: The Game, Jurassic Park: The Game, and The Walking Dead (video game).
In 2004, Emerson-Johnson received the Game Audio Network Guild's "Rookie of the Year" award. Jared's score, voice direction, and sound design for Telltale Games' 'Bone: The Great Cow Race were finalists for the 2007 Independent Games Festival. His score for Telltale Games' Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space was also a finalist for Best Original Score in the 2008 IGN PC Awards. He shares an AdventureGamers.com 2009 Aggie award for best voice acting for his work on Tales of Monkey Island.
Video game soundtracks
- The Bard's Tale (2004)
- Bone: Out from Boneville (2005)
- America's Army: Rise of a Soldier (2005)
- Bone: The Great Cow Race (2006)
- Sam & Max Save the World (2006–2007)
- Alien Syndrome (2007)
- Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space (2007–2008)
- Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (2008)
- Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures (2009)
- Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (2010)
- Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent (2010)
- Poker Night at the Inventory (2010)
- Back to the Future: The Game (2010-2011)
- Puzzle Agent 2 (2011)
- Jurassic Park: The Game (2011)
- Double Fine Happy Action Theater (2012)
- The Walking Dead (video game) (2012)
- Poker Night 2 (2013)
- The Wolf Among Us (2013)
- Mr. Lux At Your Service (2008)
- YouTube Presents: The Birds and the Biz (2008)
BAFTA Games Awards
|2013||The Walking Dead||Best Original Music||Nominated|
Adventure Gamers Aggie Awards
|2012||The Walking Dead||Best Music||Nominated|
|2011||Back to the Future: The Game||Best Music||Won|
|2010||Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse||Best Music (Reader's Choice)||Won|
|2009||Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures||Best Music||Nominated|
|2008||Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space||Best Music||Won|
- Constantinescu, Andrei (2009-12-12). "Jared Emerson-Johnson Interview". The Tales of Monkey Island Blog. LF Network, LLC. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- Staff (2009-08-14). "Gabez does Bay Area Sound". The International House of Mojo. LF Network, LLC. Retrieved 2010-01-23.[dead link]
- Staff (2007-06-24). "Jared Emerson-Johnson". Last.fm. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- Van Zelfden, Alex (2007-06-26). "Playing it Cool: Sam & Max Swing a Record Deal". IGN. Retrieved 2010-01-23.
- Jared Emerson-Johnson at Bay Area Sound, Inc
- Jared Emerson-Johnson at the Internet Movie Database
- Jared Emerson-Johnson at MobyGames
- Jared Emerson-Johnson at Giant Bomb