|Birth name||Clinton J. Bajakian|
|Born||1962 (age 52–53)
Bryn Mawr, PA, United States
Bajakian was born in Pennsylvania, United States. He was linked with music since age of 8. In middle school Bajakian played in marching bands, and also played in a range of rock bands from 1977 to 1984. He has studied music at the New England Conservatory, earning degrees of double-Bachelor of Arts in Classic Guitar Performance. Then, Bajakian enrolled in the University of Michigan, earning a Masters of Music degree in Music Composition.
After that, he joined LucasArts under invitation of a good friend of Bajakian's and his co-player in rock bands Michael Land. Bajakian worked for LucasArts from 1991 until May 2000. He has worked on several classic LucasArts games, where he gained much of his fame with mentioned Michael Land and Peter McConnell, his principal coworkers then. While in LucasArts, Bajakian also received fame for his Ennio Morricone-influenced score for 1997 western shooter Outlaws which received a Special Achievement award from Computer Gaming Magazine. After quitting LucasArts he formed his own sound production company, C.B. Studios. His company changed names to The Sound Department, and finally to Bay Area Sound. Recently, he has ventured into working with other publishers as well as writing the score for a short film, The Upgrade. Bajakian joined Sony Computer Entertainment in 2004 and headed up the music production group in original scoring as Senior Music Manager until 2013. In October 2013 he became VP of Development and Composer at Pyramind Studios, contributing original music to Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, among other projects.
Clint Bajakian was the first Vice President and Co-Founder of the Game Audio Network Guild and is a member of Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences. In 2013, Bajakian received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Game Audio Network Guild, and in 2012, the Outstanding Alumni Award from The New England Conservatory.
Video game soundtracks
- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (1991)
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1992)
- Sam and Max Hit the Road (1993)
- Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle (1993)
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter (1994)
- Star Wars: Dark Forces (1995)
- Outlaws (1997)
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (1999)
- Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles (2000)
- Escape from Monkey Island (2000)
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (2003)
- Unreal II: The Awakening (2003)
- The Bard's Tale (2004)
- Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (2006)
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2011/2012)
- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (2014)
- The Upgrade (2000)
- Clint Bajakian's MobyGames profile.
- Game Audio Network Guild
- Clint Bajakian at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview at the International House of Mojo
- Interview at Mojo hosted site iMuse Island
- GameSpy interview
|This article about an American musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|