||It has been suggested that Jason Latimer's Laser Fiction, Jason Latimer's Water Misfit, Latimer Clear Cups And Balls, Jason Latimer's Fountain Walk, Jason Latimer's Truck to Truck Teleportation and Jason Latimer's Perfect Picture be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since February 2013.|
||This article may contain wording that promotes the subject through exaggeration of unnoteworthy facts. (February 2013)|
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2013)|
LATIMER The World Champion of Magic
March 7, 1981
Roseburg, Oregon, United States
|Occupation||Magician, Illusionist, Artist, Inventor, Applied Sciences, Designer|
Jason Latimer (Stage name LATIMER") (born March 7, 1981) is an American illusionist best known for starring in the six live British television specials on the BBC One's "The Magicians," and winning the competition overall. Latimer's notoriety as an artist comes from his designs and performances on television in the United Kingdom, United States, and France as well as the World Championships of Magic.
In 2012, Latimer competed against the British magic duo Barry and Stuart and British comedy magician Pete Firman in all categories of magic on the second season of the British television series "The Magicians." The winner was determined by the British public vote. Over the course of six specials, Latimer was named the season’s winner and series champion of season 2 of The Magicians.
The World Championships of Magic
Jason Latimer is the third American in history to be awarded magic's highest honor of being titled "The Grand Prix World Champion of Magic" in 2003 by the International Federation of Magic Societies (FISM) The two previous American winners of the "Grand Prix" are Lance Burton of the Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1982 and close up magician Johnny Ace Palmer in 1988. Latimer was awarded multiple "World Championship" titles and FISM awards in categories of close up magic and in the invention & design.
Recognition in the Field of Science
Latimer has degrees and fields of study in Mathematics, Economics, and Applied Physics with research in multiple fields of Psychology of perception and attention from University of California Santa Barbara.
Television Specials & Appearances
- TEDxWallStreet - 2013 Celebrity Speaker
- CBS – The Talk Season 3, Episode 49 - Celebrity Guest and Entertainment
- BBC One – The Magicians Season 2, Ep. 1–6, 2012 - Starring Role
- NBC – The Ellen DeGeneres Show Performance, aired October 31, 2008 - Guest and Entertainment
- CBS – The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson 2004, 2005 - Guest and Entertainment
- Le Plus Grand Cabaret Du Monde - With Patrick Sébastien - Entertainment
- BBC – History of Magic, Close up Magic 2008 - Interview and Documentary
Notable Tricks and Designs
- Bending Light
- Shaping Water
- Latimer Clear Cups and Balls
- Walking on Water - Fountain Walk
- Truck to Truck Teleportation
- Live Bullet Time Levitation
- "Latimer The World Champion of Magic". Gold Star.
- "Latimer the world champion of magic".
- "Jason Latimer". The Daily Republic. August 26, 2010. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Pete Firman: poster-boy for British comedy magic". The Telegraph. 13 Feb 2012. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "World Champion of Magic Winners". FISM. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "The Magicians (TV Series)". Wikipedia. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "This Is A Nice Trick". Los Angeles Times. Dec 8th, 2005. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Jason Latimer". genii Magazine. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "The Official Website of Latimer The World Champion of Magic". LATIMER FX, Inc. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- Smith, Jessica (21st). "Greatest minds discuss origins of universe at ASU". Mesa Legend.
- Swedlund, Eric (2nd). "Hawking, six Nobel Laureates, to headline ASU symposium". Tech Frontiers Reports. "Hawking's evening lecture will focus on black holes, extra dimensions and the origin of the universe. Renowned magician Jason Latimer will also make a demonstration."
- "Origins Symposium Pinnacle". Liberated Mind. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "Before the Beginning: Science's Greatest Minds Gather at ASU". Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "Kshitij 2008 Indian Institutes of Technology". Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "There's Science Behind the Magic". New York Times Upfront. 2006-04-24. p. Vol. 138 Issue 13, p6.
- "The Magicians (TV Series)". BBC. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- Chambers, Andy D. (28th). "Jason Latimer Interview. Magic Redesigned". Putting Performers and Stand-Ups First: PPSF.
- Diana Nollen (10 January 2010). "Strange Magic: World Champion Brings High-tech Twists to Illusions".
- "Media Centre". BBC. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "The Team". LATIMER FX, Inc. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Breaking Down The Impossible". Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "Magician to Perform at Youth Fundraiser". The Acorn. 2008 - 07- 10. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Ed Byrne Faces the Final Forfeit in Last in Series of BBC One’s The Magicians". Unreality Primetime TV. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Got To Dance’s Kimberley Wyatt levitates during BBC’s The Magicians". Unreality Primetime TV. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Most Amazing Teleportation in History". Streamica. Retrieved 4 February 2013.