Jeremy Warmsley at the Night and Day Cafe, Manchester, in 2006
|Labels||Transgressive Records Diplomat Records|
|Associated acts||Summer Camp, Elizabeth Sankey|
Jeremy Warmsley is a North London based singer-songwriter signed to Transgressive Records.
His musical style displays an electronica influenced approach to melodic pop songwriting, first heard on debut single 'I Believe In The Way You Move' (July 2005), and further developed on his 'The Art Of Fiction' LP (October 2006). He toured the UK with Regina Spektor that year. In 2007 he did a Take-Away Show acoustic video session shot by Vincent Moon and toured with The Shins. His new album, "How We Became", co-produced by Markus Dravs (Coldplay/Arcade Fire/Björk) was released in the UK in September 2008, followed by a lengthy headline tour. A free-download single was announced for Valentine's Day 2009.
Despite being closely associated with the Folk and Indie music scenes, Jeremy was also a childhood fan of Hip Hop and interned at Diplomat Records in New York for 6 months in 2004. He remains on good terms with the label bosses Cam'ron and Jim Jones and occasionally releases mixtapes and remixes for them under the name of DJ Big Wormz.
Singles and EPs
- "I Believe In The Way You Move" – 4 July 2005, EXERCISE1 Records (200 run Limited Edition single)
- "5 Interesting Lies" – 7 November 2005, Transgressive Records (500 run EP)
- "Other People's Secrets" – 10 April 2006, Transgressive Records (500 run EP)
- "I Promise" – 10 July 2006, Transgressive Records
- "I Believe In The Way You Move (rerecording)" – 25 September 2006, Transgressive Records
- "Dirty Blue Jeans" – 18 December 2006, Transgressive Records (500 run single)
- "The Boat Song/Temptation" – April, 2008, Transgressive Records (500 run single)
- "Lose My Cool – August 11, 2008, Transgressive Records (digital single)
See Summer Camp's page for their discography.
- The Art of Fiction – 9 October 2006, Transgressive Records
- How We Became – September, 2008, Transgressive Records
|This biographical article about a British singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a singer-songwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|