Jia Rongqing (simplified Chinese: 贾荣庆; traditional Chinese: 賈榮慶; pinyin: Jiǎ Róngqìng; Wade–Giles: Chia Jungch'ing) is a Canadian mathematician of Chinese origin who is a mathematics professor at the University of Alberta researching approximation theory and wavelet analysis.
He was an undergraduate student at the Hangzhou University in China and  He then went to the University of Wisconsin–Madison and undertook M.Sc and a Ph.D work under the supervision of Clifford Taubes; but he did not complete it when interrupted by his obligatory alternative service in Germany. He received his Ph. D. (Dr. phil.) at Bochum in 1984, under the supervision of Carl-Wilhelm de Boor.
He is a professor of mathematics at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta.
- R.Q. Jia, Smoothness of multivariate refinable functions in Sobolev spaces, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc.351 (1999) 4089-4112.
- R.Q. Jia, Shift-invariant spaces and linear operator equations, Israel Math. J. 103 (1998), 259-288.
- R.Q. Jia, Approximation properties of multivariate wavelets, Mathematics of Computation 67 (1998), 647-665
- R.Q. Jia, Perturbation of polynomial ideals, Advances in Applied Mathematics 17 (1996), 308-336.
- R.Q. Jia, The Toeplitz theorem and its applications to approximation theory and linear PDE's, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 347 (1995), 2585-2594.