Salley won the Miss Northern Ireland title in 1998, and came runner-up in the Miss United Kingdom pageant. She became a teacher and an occasional television reporter/presenter. Starting out her teaching career at Harrow School, she then joined Merchant Taylors' School, Northwood, before returning to Harrow for a second period in 2010. She made international headlines in March 2011, when private pictures taken of her topless by another art teacher were found by pupils, and distributed throughout the school.
She once co-hosted The Big Breakfast, worked for Comic Relief does Fame Academy, Disney and as a researcher for the BBC's Hard Sell. Appearances in television advertisements include the Peugeot 106. In October 2011, she co-hosted the BBC series Out of the Blue.
Boyfriends include A Question of Sport captain and England rugby player, Matt Dawson: they appeared together in Hello! magazine (issue no. 794), and lived in London. She then was in a relationship with St Helen's School Northwood's PE teacher Kevin Dunne until the summer of 2011.
Salley plays polo. She has raised funds for charity by running the New York Marathon, climbed Mount Kilimanjaro and visited the site of the world's highest active volcano in Ecuador where she helped build a school for an isolated community. She has also worked for charities such as Breast cancer, Mencap and Asthma UK.
In 2011 it was widely reported in the press that photos, taken by fellow teacher Fiona Corthine, of Salley posing topless in the art studio at Harrow were found on a memory stick by a pupil and distributed around the school.
- "Sporting wife" The Times Online: Salley was 29 as of the 11th of March, 2006.
- Richard Kay (31 March 2011). "Art teacher at top public school left distraught after topless photos are emailed between hundreds of pupils". London: Daily Mail. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
-  BBC website.
- Hello! Magazine.
-  Guinness Premiership.
- Rugby Heaven: Sue Mott 4th of February, 2004.
- "As pretty as a pearl" - Sunday Life 22nd of January, 2006.
- Bentley, Paul; Warren, Lydia (1 April 2011). "It's hardly Harrow: Art teacher's topless pictures spread like wildfire among public schoolboys". Daily Mail (London).
- Ward, Victoria (31 March 2011). "Harrow teacher 'in tears' after pupils find topless photos". The Daily Telegraph (London).
Julie Martin (1997)
|Miss Northern Ireland
Zöe Salmon (1999)