June 29, 1987 |
Edina, MN, USA
|Height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Weight||252 lb (114 kg; 18 st 0 lb)|
|New York Islanders
|NHL Draft||27th overall, 2005
Joseph Scott Finley (born June 29, 1987) is an American ice hockey defenseman. He is currently playing with the New York Islanders of the National Hockey League (NHL). Finley was selected by the Washington Capitals in the 1st round (27th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
Finley missed the majority of the 2009-10 season on injured reserve when on November 21, 2009, in a game with the Stingrays against the Gwinnett Gladiators, he ruptured an artery in his hand which required surgery.
On September 18, 2011, Finley accepted an invitation to training camp by the Buffalo Sabres. He impressed enough that he was signed to an AHL contract, and assigned to the Rochester Americans. Through the first quarter of the season, Finley was impressive as one half of the Americans shut-down defensive pairing. He led the Amerks in +/- with a +10. The Sabres and Finley reached a three-year contract on November 28, 2011, that will allow Finley to be called up by Sabres organization.
Two days after the deal was completed, Finley was called up by the Sabres where he made his NHL debut against the Red Wings on December 2, 2011. Finley was the 475th player to play in the NHL after starting his career in the ECHL.
|2004–05||Sioux Falls Stampede||USHL||55||3||10||13||181||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||University of North Dakota||WCHA||43||0||3||3||96||—||—||—||—||—|
|2006–07||University of North Dakota||WCHA||41||1||6||7||72||—||—||—||—||—|
|2007–08||University of North Dakota||WCHA||43||4||11||15||79||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||University of North Dakota||WCHA||27||2||8||10||56||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||South Carolina Stingrays||ECHL||17||1||3||4||43||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||South Carolina Stingrays||ECHL||26||1||7||8||73||4||0||0||0||10|
|2012–13||New York Islanders||NHL||16||0||1||1||20||—||—||—||—||—|
- Curiosity surrounds Finley in debut - Sabres & NHL - The Buffalo News
- "Finley out to prove himself in Hershey". American Hockey League. 2010-10-30. Retrieved 2011-03-06.
- Amerks surprise Finley gets NHL deal from Sabres - Sabres Edge - The Buffalo News
- Peter Paul and Mirko Vasic (December 3, 2011). "Finley becomes 475th ECHL player to join NHL" (in ECHL press release). ECHL.com. Retrieved December 3, 2011.
- "Islanders claim Finley off waviers from Sabres". National Hockey League. 2013-01-14. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
- Joe Finley's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Joe Finley's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Joe Finley's profile at Fightingsioux.com
|Washington Capitals first round draft pick
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|