Touch and Go Records
|Associated acts||The Black Heart Procession
The Magic Magicians
Cold War Kids
Joseph E. "Joe" Plummer is an American drummer from Portland, Oregon. Since 2004, Plummer has been a member of the indie rock band Modest Mouse and performed on their album, We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank. Since joining in 2004, Plummer has been one of three drummers for Modest Mouse, along with founding drummer Jeremiah Green and Benjamin Weikel.
Before joining Modest Mouse, Plummer played with the indie rock bands The Black Heart Procession and The Magic Magicians. Plummer was one of the 88 drummers who participated in Japanese noise rock pioneers Boredoms 88 Boadrum performance on August 8, 2008.
In May 2009, Plummer replaced Jesse Sandoval as the drummer for The Shins. He is also a member of Mister Heavenly, a collaboration with Honus Honus of Man Man and Nicholas Thorburn of Islands and The Unicorns, experimenting with a new genre entitled "doom wop."
Plummer also works as a freelance composer. He contributed music for the episodic comedy Antarctic...huh?, directed by Matt Hoyt with art direction and design by Jason Sherry. An early version premiered at the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego - La Jolla in the summer of 2010.
On November 10, 2013, the Orange County Register announced that Matt Aveiro of Cold War Kids had left the band, and that Plummer would be holding his place indefinitely. It is unclear whether or not Aveiro's leave is permanent or temporary.
- Suicide Squeeze Records - The Magic Magicians
- Two for the Rodent - Music - The Stranger, Seattle's Only Newspaper
- Shins' James Mercer Spills About Lineup Changes, New Album, Other Projects
- Pitchfork: Hear Two Songs From the Man Man/Islands/Modest Mouse Supergroup Mister Heavenly
- Cosores, Philip (November 10, 2013). "Cold War Kids wrap tour in revamped form". Orange County Register. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
|This article about an American musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|