|Elevation||3,870 ft (1,180 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Kagadi is a town in Western Uganda. It is the main commercial center in Kibaale District. However, the district headquarters are located in Kibaale, the district's main political and administrative center.
Kagadi is located in Buyaga County, just west of the Fort Portal-Hoima highway, approximately 95 kilometres (59 mi) southwest of Hoima, the largest town in the sub-region. This location lies approximately 245 kilometres (152 mi), by road, west of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the town are:0°56'28.0"N, 30°48'39.0"E (Latitude:0.941111; Longitude: 30.810833).
The 2002 national population census put the population of Kagadi at 13,568. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of Kagadi at 20,600. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Kagadi at 21,600. Using those data, the columns below show the estimated growth trends in the town's population, using an annual growth rate of 4.2%.
- 2002 - 13,600
- 2003 - 14,200
- 2004 - 14,800
- 2005 - 15,400
- 2006 - 16,000
- 2007 - 16,700
- 2008 - 17,400
- 2009 - 18,100
- 2010 - 18,900
- 2011 - 19,700
- 2012 - 20,500
- 2013 - 21,400
In 2014, the national population census put the population of Kagadi at 22,813.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to its edges:
- The offices of Kagadi Town Council
- Kagadi Hospital - A 120 bed public hospital administered by he Uganda Ministry of Health
- Kagadi Private Hospital - A privately owned and administered healthcare facility
- Kagadi Central Market - The largest fresh-produce market in town
- The Hoima-Fort Portal Highway - The road passes through the eastern suburbs of the town
- Kagadi Kibaale Community Radio (KKCR) - A community non-profit radio station
- Kagadi Women Financial Services Limited - A community Savings and Cooperative Microfinance Bank.
- African Rural University - A university that trains women in community development and rural transformation
- A branch of Centenary Bank, the second-largest indigenous commercial bank in Uganda and the fifth-largest in the country, by assets.
- UBOS, . (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Hoima And Kagadi With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Kagadi With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- Google, . "Location of Kagadi At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- UBOS, . (2012). "Estimated Population of Kagadi In 2002, 2010 and 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- KWFSL Located in Kagadi
- About African Women's University