|Elevation||3,870 ft (1,180 m)|
|Population (2012 Estimate)|
Kagadi is a town in Western Uganda. It is the main commercial center in Kibaale District. However, the district headquarters are located in Kibaale, the district's main political and administrative center.
Kagadi is located in Buyaga County, just west of the Fort Portal-Hoima highway, approximately 100 kilometres (62 mi) southwest of Hoima, the largest town in the sub-region. Kagadi is also located approximately 262 kilometres (163 mi), by road, west of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the town are: 0° 56' 24.00"N, 30° 48' 45.00"E (Latitude: 0.9400; Longitude: 30.8125).
In 2008, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of Kagadi at 18,500. The estimated growth rate of the population in Kagadi is estimated at 4.0% annually. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Kagadi at 21,600. The table below shows the estimated population trends of Kagadi over the last 10 years. See table below:
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to its edges:
- The offices of Kagadi Town Council
- Kagadi Hospital - A 120 bed public hospital administered by he Uganda Ministry of Health
- Kagadi Private Hospital - A privately owned and administered healthcare facility
- Kagadi Central Market - The largest fresh-produce market in town
- The Hoima-Fort Portal Highway - The road passes through the eastern suburbs of the town
- Kagadi Kibaale Community Radio (KKCR) - A community non-profit radio station
- Kagadi Women Financial Services Limited - A community Savings and Cooperative Microfinance Bank.
- African Rural University - A university that trains women in community development and rural transformation
- A branch of Centenary Bank, the second-largest indigenous commercial bank in Uganda.