|Elevation||4,460 ft (1,360 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Kibaale is a town in Western Uganda. It is the main municipal, administrative and commercial center of Kibaale District, and the district headquarters are located there. The district is named after the town.
Kibaale is located in Buyaga County, approximately 220 kilometres (140 mi), by road, west of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. This location lies approximately 98 kilometres (61 mi), southwest of Hoima, the nearest large town. The coordinates of the town are:0°47'28.0"N, 31°04'30.0"E (Latitude: 0.791100; Longitude: 31.075003).
The 2002 national census estimated the population of Kibaale at about 4,800. In 2010, the population of the town had grown to about 7,200, as estimated by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). In 2011, UBOS estimated the population of Kibaale at 7,600.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to its edges:
- The headquarters of Kibaale District Administration
- The offices of Kibaale Town Council
- Kibaale Central Market
- Kibaale Hotel - A private lodging establishment. Often used by local and visiting politicians and administrators for meeting and policy announcements.
- The town of Bwamiramira - Located approximately 5 kilometres (3.1 mi), by road, west of Kibaale
- A mobile branch of PostBank Uganda
- A branch of Stanbic Bank, located in Bwamiramira, to the immediate west of town.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Kibaale With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Hoima And Kibaale With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Kibaale At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Kibaale In 2002, 2010 And 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- URN, Reporter (8 October 2008). "38% of Kibaale Children Are Stunted". Uganda Radio Network (URN). Retrieved 7 June 2014.