|Single by Alabama|
|from the album For the Record|
|Released||November 23, 1998|
|Producer(s)||Alabama, Don Cook|
|Alabama singles chronology|
"Keepin' Up" is the title of a song written by Randy Owen, Teddy Gentry, Ronnie Rogers and Greg Fowler, and recorded by American country music group Alabama. It was released in November 1998 as the second and final single from their compilation album For the Record. It peaked at #14 in the United States, and #8 in Canada.
The song sings about the challenges of trying to survive in a hectic world.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, calling it a "bouncy uptempo track." She goes on to say that the song "boasts an infectious melody buoyed by Jeff Cook's guitar prowess, and of course it just doesn't get any better than Randy Owen's lead vocal."
"Keepin' Up" debuted at number 70 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of December 5, 1998.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||8|
|US Billboard Hot 100||69|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||14|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||42|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||59|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 20. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard, November 21, 1998
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 7361." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. March 22, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Alabama Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Alabama.
- "Alabama Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Alabama.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1999". RPM. December 13, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Best of 1999: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.