|Hobart Kelliston McDowell III|
|Born||1953 (age 60–61) estimated|
|Residence||El Segundo, California|
|Home town||Vienna, Virginia|
|Parents||Martha Louise Shea McDowell
Hobart K. "Bart" McDowell, Jr.
|Relatives||Robert M. McDowell, brother|
- Agostoni, Kristin S.; Mazza, Sandy (August 13, 2010). "Election gives some a perk for life". Daily Breeze. Retrieved 2014-01-15.
- Gottlieb, Jeff (January 28, 2012). "El Segundo, Chevron at odds over oil company's taxes". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2014-01-15.
- "Ex-mayor thanks constituents". Daily Breeze. April 28, 2010. Retrieved 2014-01-15. "My sincerest, most heartfelt thanks to my colleagues on the El Segundo City Council and to the elected officials, staff members and others with whom I have served at agencies and other organizations throughout the region since 1998.
My public service over the last 12 years has been the most rewarding experience of my life aside from parenthood.
Leaving office was not easy, but I look forward now to new challenges.
I am grateful to everyone concerned for enriching my life over these last dozen years, but especially to the people of this remarkable city.
Thanks again to all of you.
- Kelly McDowell Former El Segundo mayor"
- Agostoni, Kristin S. (April 20, 2010). "McDowell's 12-year tenure on El Segundo council ends". Daily Breeze. Retrieved 2014-01-15.
- "Mayor, Kelly McDowell, City of El Segundo". 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-24. "First elected to the El Segundo, California City Council in 1998 and re-elected in 2002, Kelly McDowell became Mayor of El Segundo in April of 2004. In the private sector McDowell is a business attorney and government affairs consultant. McDowell is active in a number of regional organizations. He is a past President of the 54-city Independent Cities Association, a major educational and advocacy organization for California cities. He also serves as the chair of two Los Angeles County sanitation districts and is a chair for the Board of Directors of the South Bay Cities Council of Governments. Raised in Fairfax County, Virginia, McDowell graduated from Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts in 1970 and received a bachelor's degree in economics from Stanford University in 1974. He is a 1977 graduate of U.C.L.A. Law School, where he was a John M. Olin Fellow in law and economics. Father of one son, 23 year-old Kelliston, McDowell's interests include American fiction, amateur astronomy and horsemanship."
- Agostoni, Kristin S. (February 29, 2012). "Former El Segundo mayor is arrested in alleged DUI". Daily Breeze (Torrance, California). Retrieved 2014-01-15. "Former El Segundo Mayor Kelly McDowell was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence, police said Wednesday. McDowell, 59, was stopped by an officer at 8 a.m. Feb. 21 in the 300 block of Center Street, where he was asked to do a field sobriety test..."
- "National Geographic writer Bart McDowell dies". Washington Times. January 25, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- "Obituary: Martha Louise Shea McDowell, Public Relations Executive". Washington Post (Washington, D.C.). July 10, 2005. p. Page C10. Retrieved 2008-04-11.
- "Obituary : Martha Shea McDowell, 80, Journalist". McLean Connection (McLean, Virginia: Connection Newspapers). 2005-07-14. Archived from the original on 2008-03-02. Retrieved 2008-01-16.
|This biography of a person who has held a non-elected position in the Federal government of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|