|Full name||Kerlon Moura Souza|
|Date of birth||27 January 1988|
|Place of birth||Ipatinga, Brazil|
|Height||1.67 m (5 ft 5 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking Midfielder
|2008–2009||→ Chievo (loan)||4||(0)|
|2009-2010||→ Ajax (loan)||0||(0)|
|2011||→ Paraná (loan)||1||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ Nacional-NS (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:38, 5 August 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Early years in Brazil
While at Cruzeiro, Kerlon became well known for his trademark skill, named the "drible da foquinha" or seal dribble, where the ball is bounced continuously on the forehead while running. Opposing players often foul the performer of a seal dribble, such as in September 2007, where Dyego Rocha Coelho struck Kerlon with his elbow as he passed and was suspended for five matches.
Kerlon was signed by Chievo in 2008. Like the deal that Inter bought Júlio César and Victor Obinna, Inter borrowed the non-EU registration quota from Chievo instead of using its own quota. Lega Calcio documented Chievo signed Kerlon but he would leave for Inter at a later time. Cruzeiro also announced that the club and third-party owner EMS Sigma Pharma sold 80% rights to Kerlon's agent Mino Raiola for €1.3 million. EMS and Cruzeiro retained the remaining 20% rights.
He made his début for Chievo on 29 October, against S.S. Lazio as a substitute; one of only four appearances that season largely due to a knee injury sustained in March 2007. In July 2009, Kerlon officially signed a deal with Inter until June 2012.
Kerlon continued to suffer from knee injuries during his time at Inter which some journalists cite as the reason for his meagre impact in the Serie A.
On 31 August 2009, Kerlon was loaned to AFC Ajax with an option to buy him; Inter also subsidised Ajax in order to finalize the loan. However Ajax only offered him a place in Jong Ajax – the reserve team instead of the first, as announced on his presentation day. He returned to Inter for the start of the 2010–11 season, but was injured again during the pre-season and suffered a long-term absence from football.
Back to Brazil
On 21 July 2011 he completed a 1-year loan to Nacional de Nova Serrana. Nacional participated in 2011 Minas Gerais Cup and 2012 Minas Gerais League. Kerlon only played once in the state league.
In August 2012 he joined Japan Football League side Fujieda MYFC on free transfer. On 16 September 2012, Kerlon made his league debut against Zweigen Kanazawa, coming on as 59th minute substitute. He scored his first goal for the club in his next match, scoring in the 77th minute in a 3-0 win over Sony Sendai. In his first season in Japan he scored three goals and provided seven assists in eight games. In his second season at the club, Kerlon played 14 matches and scored 6 goals before his knee troubles affected him once more. He was forced to return to Brazil for knee surgery, keeping him out of action until February 2014. On 20 January 2014, he left the club.
Kerlon was the top scorer and named Best Player at the 2005 South American Under 17 Football Championship.
- Campeonato Mineiro: 2006
- South American U-17 Football Championship Top Scorer: 2005
- South American U-17 Football Championship Best Player: 2005
- http://www.kerlon.info/kerlon/ (retrieved September 13th 2010)
- "Kerlon marca primeiro gol e almeja titularidade", Cruzeiro.org 25 February 2007 BC. Retrieved on 25 February 2007. (Portuguese)
- A Seal Clubbing in Brazilian Football – The Offside
- "Chievo: Foquinha Sala all' Udinese" (require login). La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). 24 August 2008. Retrieved 4 November 2010.
- "Meia Kerlon e atacante Jonathas são negociados com o futebol europeu". Cruzeiro EC (in Portuguese). 29 August 2008. Retrieved 17 December 2010.[dead link]
- Football Italia[dead link]
- "Mercato: Kerlon e l'Inter fino al 2012" (in Italian). inter.it. 7 July 2009. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- The prestige of the Club World Cup 15 December 2008. Retrieved on 27 July 2009. Contemporary Federal Arts Policy 3 April 2007. Retrieved on 17 September 2009.
- FC Internazionale Milano SpA Report and Accounts on 30 June 2010 (Italian)
- "Kerlon loaned out to Ajax". AFC Ajax. 1 September 2009. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- "Inter, nuovo stop per Kerlon: caviglia fuori gioco" (in Italian). CalcioNews24. 14 July 2010.
- "Tricolor anuncia atacante Kerlon" [Tricolor announces attacker Kerlon] (in Portuguese). Paraná Clube. 26 January 2011. Archived from the original on 22 February 2011. Retrieved 23 February 2011.
- "Meia-atacante Kerlon é o mais novo contratado do Nacional" [Attacking midfielder Kerlon is the latest signing of Nacional]. Nacional EC (Nova Serrana) (in Portuguese). 21 July 2011. Retrieved 29 July 2011.
- CBF BID
- Fujieda MYFC 2013 season numbers
- JFL preview: Fujieda MYFC v Fukushima United
- Four more players leave Fujieda including Kerlon
- of contract expiration player