Kevin J. Kennedy
Kennedy holds a B.S. in mechanical engineering from Lehigh University and an MS and a PhD in engineering from Rutgers University and an EMBA from the University of Michigan. Before joining the company, he was CEO of JDS Uniphase Corporation, and prior to that he had worked at AT&T Bell Laboratories, Cisco Systems where he became a Senior Vice President, and then as Chief Operating Officer of Openwave Systems. During his career he has been elected to the Board of Directors of the following companies/organizations; Agility Communications, Canary Foundation, Freescale Semiconductor, JDS Uniphase, KLA-Tencor, Openwave, Polycom, Quantum Corporation, Rambus Synchron Networks.
In 1987, he was a congressional fellow at United States House Committee on Science, Space and Technology, and in 2010 President Barack Obama appointed him to the President's National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee.
From 1982 to 1984, Kennedy was an adjunct professor at Rutgers where he published papers on computational methods, data networking, and issues of technology management.
Kennedy is the author of "Devil in the Details: The Practice of Situational Leadership".
Kennedy is the coauthor of Going the Distance: Why Some Companies Dominate and Others Fail.
- "Kevin Kennedy to Join Avaya Inc. as President and Chief Executive Officer". Avaya. October 30, 2008. Retrieved 20 Aug 2011.
- Krapf, Eric. "Interview: Avaya CEO Kevin Kennedy". UBM TechWeb (No Jitter). Retrieved 20 Aug 2011.
- Hamblen, Matt (October 30, 2008). "Avaya names networking industry veteran Kevin Kennedy CEO". Computer World. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Duffy, Jim. "Shakeup at Cisco". Network World Fusion. Retrieved 21 Aug 2011.
- "Cisco redux?". Network World. September 3, 2001.
- "Board of Directors". Canary Foundation. Retrieved 21 Aug 2011.
- "KLA-Tencor Elects Kevin Kennedy, John Dickson to Its Board of Directors". KLA-Tencor. Retrieved 21 Aug 2011.
- "Openwave Strengthens Board With New Appointments". PR Newswire. October 15, 2002. Retrieved 21 Aug 2011.
- "Polycom Appoints Kevin Kennedy To Board Of Directors". Polycom. Retrieved 21 Aug 2011.
- "Rambus Elects Kevin Kennedy to Its Board of Directors". Rambus. April 8, 2003. Retrieved 21 Aug 2011.
- "Kevin Kennedy Has Joined Synchron Board Of Directors". Synchron Networks Inc. 25 March 2002. Retrieved 10 Feb 2012.
- "Obama to appoint Kevin J. Kennedy as a Member of the President’s National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee". Telecom News. December 17, 2010. Retrieved 21 Aug 2011.
- "Kevin J. Kennedy (CEO) Avaya Inc.". Technames (Executive Search Research). Retrieved 20 Aug 2011.
- Kennedy, Kevin (June 2012). Devil in the Details: The Practice of Situational Leadership. iUniverse. p. 127. ISBN 978-1-4759-2014-7.
- Kennedy, Kevin; Moore, Mary (April 6, 2003). Going the Distance: Why Some Companies Dominate and Others Fail. FT Press. p. 288. ISBN 978-0-13-046120-9.
|President & CEO