|Elevation||80 m (260 ft)|
|Time zone||WET (UTC+0)|
|• Summer (DST)||IST (WEST) (UTC-1)|
|Irish Grid Reference||N944425|
Kilcloon (Irish: Coill Chluana, "Woodland of the meadow") is a parish situated in the south-east of County Meath in Ireland. The parish is composed of the six medieval parishes of Moyglare, Kilclone, Balfeighan, Rodanstown, Ballymaglassan and Rathregan. The medieval parish of Kilclone was in turn made up of the townlands of Kilclone, Pagestown, Mulhussey, Milltown, Longtown, Jenkinstown, Collistown, Barstown, and Kimmin’s Mill. The townland of Kilclone is modernly known as Kilcloon also.
The patron of the parish church is Oliver Plunkett, bishop and martyr, and was the first church dedicated to his memory. A sculpture of Oliver Plunkett is featured in the Kilcloon Millennium Garden.
Lisa Hannigan, the internationally critically acclaimed singer/songwriter grew up in Kilcloon.
- "Find places, latitude/longitude, sunrise/sunset, elevation, local time and time zones". EarthTools. 2006-11-26. Retrieved 2010-11-14.
- "Parishes & Deanary structure in the Diocese of Meath". Retrieved 2009-02-25.
- Rice, Gerard (2001). Norman Kilcloon 1171–1700. Kilcloon Jubilee Committee. p. 239pp. ISBN 0-9540089-0-1.
- CSO Census Site
- Blackhall Gaels GAA Club
- Kilcloon Millennium Committee site
- Parish of Kilcloon on Diocese of Meath website