|Birth name||Kjetil-Vidar Haraldstad|
|Born||June 28, 1973|
|Genres||Black metal, death metal|
|Associated acts||Satyricon, 1349, Gorgoroth, Ov Hell, Zyklon-B, Gehenna and Keep Of Kalessin|
Frost has previously performed with Gorgoroth, Zyklon-B, Gehenna and Keep Of Kalessin. He originally joined Satyricon temporarily to record the demo "The Forest is My Throne", later joining the band full-time. He currently studies at a mathematics college in Oslo.
Frost employs various drumming styles when performing with different bands. With early 1349 and early Satyricon he extensively uses blast beats. His recent work with Satyricon is more simplistic and mid-tempo, as is his work on "Revelations of the Black Flame", 1349's fourth album. On 1349's fifth album "Demonoir", however, Frost once again makes extensive use of blastbeats. He is generally regarded as one of the most proficient and fastest drummers in the black metal scene. On all Satyricon albums his role is credited simply as "battery".
Frost was denied entry to North America by the US Department of Homeland Security upon failing to note having been sentenced to 5 months for assault (during a bar fight in the early '90s) when applying for his work visa. On 1349 tours before 2008, he was replaced by Tony Laureano. Joey Jordison and Trym Torson have performed with Satyricon on North American tour dates. He later was able to perform again in the United States.
He appeared in the documentary film Until The Light Takes Us as part of an art piece featuring him firebreathing and cutting himself with a knife.
|1993||Dark Medieval Times||Satyricon|
|1995||Blood Must be Shed||Zyklon-B|
|1998||Destroyer (one song only)||Gorgoroth|
|2003||Reclaim||Keep of Kalessin|
|2004||Beyond the Apocalypse||1349|
|2006||Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam||Gorgoroth|
|2008||The Age of Nero||Satyricon|
|2009||Revelations Of the Black Flame||1349|
|2010||The Underworld Regime||Ov Hell|
- "Gorgoroth". metallian.com. Retrieved 2011-12-07. "Destroyer was issued on Nuclear Blast. More changes were in store when Grim died in 1999. He, reportedly, had overdosed on drugs. Drummer Vrolok sessioned on the next album. Sit Erichsen was the band's next drummer. Live dates, in turn, were further completed with Satyricon's Frost"
- "1349 interview". tartareandesire.com. June 2003. Retrieved 2011-12-07. "We share our rehearsal-room with Satyricon, and we asked him to do the drums on a demo, and when he later heard the material for "Liberation" he wanted to be a full-time member. "
- "1349 Drummer Rejoins Band In Chicago Following Visa Delay - May 1, 2010". Blabbermouth.net. 2010-05-01. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
- "1349 - Liberation". Sputnikmusic. 2005-01-26. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
- "1349 - Hellfire". Metastorm. 2005-10-24. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
- "1349 - Demonoir review". Metastorm. 2010-05-26. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
|This article about a Norwegian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a drummer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a heavy metal musician or group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|