Kunal Deshmukh at the success bash of 'Jannat 2
March 4, 1982 |
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Early life and education
After finishing his schooling at Arya Vidya Mandir, Bandra, Mumbai and junior college at Jai Hind, Church Gate, he took up an advertising course at H.R. College. Later, he went to the US for a short diploma course on filmmaking. During that trip he also explored the NY dining scene with his friend Rikhey, which resulted in him eventually entering the hospitality industry. He then met Mohit Suri through a common friend Sahil in Goa, who suggested that he join him in his next film, Zeher.
In October 2006, he quit his job to work on a script. He made his directional debut Jannat in 2008, starring Emraan Hashmi, produced by Vishesh Films. Jannat was released in 2008 and was successful.
- Raja Natwarlal (2014)
- Jannat 2 (2012)
- Tum Mile (2009)
- Jannat (2008)
- Woh Lamhe (2006) (chief assistant director)
- Kalyug (2005) (chief assistant director)
- Zeher (2005) (assistant director)
- 'If viewers don't like Jannat, I'll stop making films' Rediff.com, 16 April 2008.
- Kunal Deshmukh' Bollywood Hungama
- Kunal Deshmukh attains Jannat Indiatimes, 13 Feb, 2008.
- City lures film director into a tasty business MiD DAY, Pune, 2009–04–13.
- Writer's Notepad: Kunal Deshmukh talks about Tum Mile Bollywood Hungama, By Devansh Patel, 23 May 2009.
- Kunal's a hotelier now By Amul Sharma, MiD DAY, Mumbai, 2009–04–14.