|• Mayor||Marina Wiebe|
|• Member of Parliament||Jeff Watson (CONS)|
|• Provincial Representative||Taras Natyshak (NDP)|
|• Land||65.30 km2 (25.21 sq mi)|
|• Density||438.6/km2 (1,136/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Postal Code||N9H, N9J|
|Area code(s)||519 and 226|
LaSalle is a town in Essex County, Ontario, Canada. It is a bedroom community of the City of Windsor and part of the Windsor Census Metropolitan Area, and is located south of that city. LaSalle, along with Windsor, is the oldest French settlement area in Southwestern Ontario, and the oldest continually inhabited European settlement in Canada west of the Quebec border. The town was named for explorer René-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle and includes Fighting Island, in the Detroit River at its western side, an island that is privately owned by the world's largest chemical company, BASF.
One of LaSalle's biggest events is the annual Strawberry Festival, which takes place on the first weekend in June.
LaSalle also has its own small but growing bicycle trail network, named the "LaSalle Trail", which links up to neighbouring Windsor, Ontario's own "Windsor Trail" network, allowing people to ride from Sandwich Secondary School all the way to Windsor's Riverfront Trail. The town has also expressed interest and intentions to connect LaSalle (and indirectly, Windsor) to the Chrysler Canada Greenway by wanting to construct a link to the Trans-Canada Trail near Oldcastle, Ontario.
|Canada 2006 Census||Population||% of Total Population|
|Visible minority group
|Other visible minority||0||0%|
|Mixed visible minority||155||0.6%|
|Total visible minority population||2,525||9.2%|
|Total Aboriginal population||280||1%|
LaSalle has produced some well known sports stars, Andy Delmore and Derek Wilkinson (Former NHL Players) as well as Zack Kassian and Dalton Prout, current NHL players and a former MLB player Pete Craig and NFL Superbowl Champion Luke Willson. Former world-record holder and Olympic swimmer Amanda Reason is also from LaSalle. Famous politicians include Canadian Senator Paul Lucier. Entrepreneurs/Personalities such as Jesse Divnich a Video Game Entrepreneur . David Finch is a comic book artist born in Canada. He is currently drawing Ultimaum for Marvel, as well as doing cover work for series such as X-Infernus. Finch has signed an exclusive deal with DC Comics, and will do covers for The Brightest Day. Canadian rock band The Tea Party (Jeff Martin, Stuart Chatwood, and Jeff Burrows) all grew up in LaSalle. World Renowned Techno producer and DJ Richie Hawtin is also from LaSalle.
- "LaSalle census profile". 2011 Census of Population. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012-07-18.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census
- , Community Profiles from the 2006 Census, Statistics Canada - Census Subdivision
- , Aboriginal Peoples - Data table
- Town of LaSalle website
- Run Roll 4 LaSalle 5km Competitive Run or 3km Participation Event. Annual Event to promote Healthy Active Community
- LaSalle Culture and Recreation - LaSalle's Parks and bike trails website
- Official Website of the Eastern Massasauga Recovery Team
|| River Rouge
Ecorse / Detroit River
|Wyandotte / Detroit River||Tecumseh|
|Grosse Ile Township / Detroit River||Amherstburg|