La Puente High School
|La Puente High School|
|15615 East Nelson Avenue
La Puente, California, 91744
|Motto||'Once A Warrior, Always A Warrior'|
|School district||Hacienda La Puente Unified School District|
|Color(s)||Black, Orange, White|
|Rival||Workman High School|
La Puente High School is a public high school in La Puente, California, located in the San Gabriel Valley, serving grades 9-12. It was established in 1915. It is one of six high schools (including two alternative schools) in the Hacienda La Puente Unified School District. It is a California Distinguished School and about 80% of seniors graduate every year.
The school has a number of small learning communities known as "academies," including the University Academy, Law Enforcement Academy, Business Academy, Multimedia Academy, Science and Engineering Academy, and Performing Arts Academy. The Law Enforcement Academy works in partnership with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department to educate students interested in a career in public service.
- Anthony Calvillo, an All-Star CFL quarterback, formerly playing for the Montreal Alouettes and currently most prolific passer in professional football history
- George Farmer, former wide receiver in the NFL, played for the Chicago Bears and the Detroit Lions
- Efren Herrera, former All-Pro placekicker in the NFL, played for the Dallas Cowboys and the Seattle Seahawks
- Max Montoya, former Pro Bowl offensive guard in the NFL, played for the Cincinnati Bengals and the Los Angeles Raiders
- Hilda Solis, former House Representative for the 32nd district and former Secretary of Labor under President Obama
- See School Accountability Report
- La Puente High
- Winton, Richard; Jason Song (24 September 2012). "Four students arrested in soccer team sexual hazing probe - latimes.com". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- Anthony Calvillo Record-Watch | Montreal Alouettes
- | George Farmer
- | Efren Herrera
- | Max Montoya
- Labor Secretary Solis visits her La Puente alma mater
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|