Langham Hotels International
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (May 2010)|
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (April 2010)|
|Parent||Great Eagle Holdings|
Langham Hospitality Group is a luxury hotels operator dating back to 1865, when The Langham, London originally opened as Europe's first 'Grand Hotel'.
Today, the group covers four continents, with projects located in cities and resorts around the world, including Auckland, Bahamas, Bangkok, Beijing, Boston, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Phuket, Pune, Samui and Shanghai. The group's rapid expansion continues with its two brands The Langham and Langham Place, as well as its affiliate brand Eaton.
Langham's history dates back to 1865, when The Langham in London opened as the then-largest building in London and Europe's first 'Grand Hotel'. 10 stories and 156-feet high, the first Langham hotel featured an unprecedented 15,000 yards of Persian tapestry, hot and cold running water in every guestroom, the world's first hydraulic lifts, known as 'rising rooms', and even an early form of air-conditioning. Upon opening The Langham, the then Prince of Wales hailed the hotel as having "everything a man, woman or child could desire under one roof".
The Langham has since hosted innumerable members of royalty, political and cultural dignitaries, and celebrities from all fields, including French Emperor, Napoleon III and noted wits and writers, Oscar Wilde and Mark Twain.
Langham Hotels International is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Great Eagle Hospitality Group. It not only oversees the operations and performance of its own hotels, but also provides professional management services to its developer- or owner-partners.
The Great Eagle Hospitality Group is the hospitality arm of Great Eagle Holdings Limited. One of Hong Kong's leading property and hotel companies, Great Eagle Holdings invests in, develops and manages office, retail, residential and hotel properties in Asia, North America and Europe. The organisation is also active in property management and maintenance services as well as building materials trading.
Great Eagle Holdings was founded in 1963 with the incorporation of The Great Eagle Company Limited, which was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 1972. In 1990, following a reorganisation, Great Eagle Holdings Limited, incorporated in Bermuda, became the listed holding company of Great Eagle in place of The Great Eagle Company Limited.
The Great Eagle Hospitality Group has an extensive hotel portfolio with over 5,000 rooms, virtually all of them managed by Langham Hotels International.
The group's collection of hotels currently in operations consists of nine luxury properties across four continents: including Auckland, Boston, Hong Kong, London, Melbourne, Los Angeles, Shanghai and Thailand.
Eaton Hotels, also in Hong Kong and China, represents the third and more accessible[clarification needed] brand under Great Eagle Hospitality. The Group additionally owns the 1,590-room Delta Chelsea Hotel in Toronto.
The Langham Hotels and Resorts
- The Langham, Auckland
- The Langham, Boston
- The Langham, Hong Kong
- The Langham, London
- The Langham Huntington, Pasadena
- The Langham, Melbourne
- The Langham, Shenzhen
- The Langham, Sydney
- The Langham, Xintiandi, Shanghai
- 88 Xintiandi, Shanghai
- The Langham, Chicago
- The Langham, Haikou, Hainan (2014)
- The Langham, Haining, Zhejiang (2014)
- The Langham, Jakarta (2017)
- The Langham, Yangtze Boutique, Shanghai (Change of ownership as of March 2013, renamed to The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai)
Langham Place Hotels and Resorts
- Langham Place Hotel, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Langham Place Hotel, Beijing, Capital Airport
- Langham Place, New York (2013)
- Langham Place, Guangzhou (2013)
- Langham Place, Ningbo (2013)
- Langham Place, Xiamen (Feb 2014)
- Langham Place Resort + Spa, Port St. George, Bahamas (2013)
- Langham Place, Dalian (2016)
- Langham Place, Datong (2014)
- Langham Place, Phayathai, Bangkok (2013)
- Langham Place, EDZ, Guangzhou (2013)
- Langham Place, Haining (2014)
- Langham Place, Lavasa
- Langham Place, Miora Resort + Spa, Kalim Bay, Phuket (2013)
- Langham Place, Koregaon Park, Pune (2012)
- Langham Place, Qingdao (2014)
Eaton Hotels (affiliate brand)
Eaton's multi-tiered brand model features Eaton Luxe, Eaton Smart for a presence in the Upscale and Midscale markets.
- Eaton Chelsea, Toronto (July 2013)
- Eaton Luxe, Nanqiao, Shanghai (2010)
- Eaton Smart Hong Kong
- Eaton Smart, New Delhi Airport (2011)
- Eaton Luxe, Xianqiao, Shanghai (2012)
- Eaton Smart, Lavasa
- Eaton Luxe, Qingdao (2013)
- Eaton Luxe, Nirwana, Bali (2014)
- Eaton Luxe, Shajing, Shenzhen
- Eaton Luxe, Xuzhou, Jiangsu
Eaton House rental apartments for business travellers in Hong Kong with three locations:
- Happy Valley (Blue Pool Road)
- Happy Valley (Village Road)
- Wan Chai (Wan Chai Gap Road)
- Chuan Spa
Chuan Spa is Langham's branded spa offering, currently available in Hong Kong, Boston, Melbourne, Auckland, Shanghai and Samui.
The hotel chain operates two Michelin-star Chinese restaurants in Hong Kong. T’ang Court in The Langham with one star and Ming Court in Langham Place Hotel with two stars, both of which were received in the 2013 Hong Kong and Macau edition of the Michelin Guide.
- Lim, Le-Min (2 December 2008). "Michelin Hong Kong Gives 3 Stars to 2 Restaurants (Update1)". Bloomberg. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Langham Hotels International.|