|Hubs||Wattay International Airport|
Lao Skyway, formerly known as Lao Air (Lao: ລາວເດີນອາກາດ), is a private airline with its headquarters at Wattay Airport in Vientiane, Laos. It operates scheduled and charter services to airports in the country not served by Lao Airlines.
Lao Air was established on 24 January 2002, as a helicopter charter service company. On 8 December 2003, the airline signed a lease-to-purchase agreement with Lane Xang Minerals Limited Company for the lease of a Cessna Grand Caravan to use on its charter services. The agreement signaled the start of its fixed-wing operation. On 7 October 2005, a second leased Cessna Grand Caravan was added to its fleet.
On 14 April 2007, its regular scheduled services began using the Cessna Grand Caravan.
As of August 2014, Lao Skyway operates scheduled flights to the following destinations:
- Huaisay Airport, Bokeo Province
- Namtha Airport, Luangnamtha Province
- Luangprabang Airport, Luangprabang Province
- Udomxay Airport, Udomxay Province
- Samneua Airport, Huapun Province
- Sayaboury Airport, Sayaboury Province
- Bounneua Airport, Phongsaly Province
As of August 2014, the Lao Skyway fleet includes the following aircraft:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lao Skyway.|