|Laura Rose Parker Bowles|
Portrait by Reginald Gray, 2005
1 January 1978 |
|Spouse(s)||Harry Lopes (m. 2006)|
|Parents||Andrew Parker Bowles
|Relatives||Tom Parker Bowles (brother)
Ann de Trafford (grandmother)
Bruce Shand (grandfather)
Annabel Shand (aunt)
Mark Shand (uncle)
Derek Paravicini (cousin)
Ben Elliot (cousin)
Emma Parker Bowles (cousin)
Laura Rose Lopes (née Parker Bowles; born 1 January 1978) is the daughter of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, and Andrew Parker Bowles. Her mother's remarriage in 2005 made Charles, Prince of Wales, her stepfather. She has one elder brother, Tom Parker Bowles. Through marriage, she is a member of the Astor family.
Family, education and career
Laura Lopes and her brother Tom were raised Roman Catholic. Both their father and their paternal grandmother, Ann, were also Catholic. Lopes was educated at St Mary's, Shaftesbury, a Catholic convent school in Dorset. Through her father, she is a first cousin of musical prodigy Derek Paravicini.
Lopes attended Oxford Brookes University, where she studied History of Art and Marketing. In 2001, she spent three months as an intern at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice. She was a food columnist for Tatler and she previously managed the Space Gallery in London.
In 2006, Lopes married former Calvin Klein underwear model Harry Lopes (b. 7 October 1977). He is the grandson of the 2nd Baron Roborough, as well as of the 2nd Baron and Baroness Astor of Hever. Harry is also a graduate of the University of Edinburgh and is now a chartered accountant. He stands to inherit Gnaton Hall, near Plymouth in Devon, and the 3,000-acre (12 km²) Skelpick estate in the Scottish Highlands.
The wedding took place on 6 May 2006 in the Church of Saint Cyriac, an Anglican church in Lacock, Wiltshire. Laura Lopes wore a diamond tiara that belongs to her mother's family. 500 guests attended the wedding, including Prince William of Wales and Catherine Middleton, as well as Prince Harry. The Earl and Countess Howe and Lady Sarah Chatto also attended. The reception was held at Ray Mill, the nearby estate of the bride's mother.
In July 2007, Lopes announced to the News of the World that she and her husband were expecting their first child, anticipated for January 2008. She gave birth to a daughter, Eliza, on 16 January. In July 2009 it was announced that the Lopeses were expecting twins. On Wednesday 30 December 2009, Laura Lopes gave birth to fraternal twin boys named Gus and Louis.
|Ancestors of Laura Lopes|
- "Andrew Parker Bowles". duchess-of-cornwall.co.uk. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Derek Paravicini, the Parker Bowles prodigy" The Times. 28 Feb 2008.
- "Space odyssey: Laura Parker Bowles digs deep for talent at a progressive London gallery". accessmylibrary.com.
- "Laura Parker Bowles marries former model". usatoday. 7 May 2006. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Camilla's daughter marries model". BBC News. 6 May 2006. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Duchess of Cornwall and a new Sheriff in charge". The Daily Telegraph. 15 November 2008. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Prince Charles' stepdaughter marries". smh.com. 7 May 2006. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Laura Collins, Amanda Perthen (7 May 2006). "Lovely Laura Bowles them over". Daily mail. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Joy for Camilla over new grandchild[dead link]
- Is Gordon heading into a China crisis? | the Daily Mail[dead link]
- Camilla and Charles get ready to welcome twin grandchildren | Hello Magazine
- "Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton and Prince William's bridesmaids and page boys". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 22 July 2012.