Let's Love While We Can
|Let's Love While We Can|
|Studio album by Andy Williams|
|Andy Williams chronology|
Let's Love While We Can was Williams' first album of new material since Andy (1976). Recorded in Nashville, for this project Williams eschews covering well-known pop hits and standards and relies mostly on original or lesser-known country songs.
On June 21, 2004, Let's Love While We Can became available as one of two albums on one CD by Sony Music Distribution, the other album being Williams's Columbia release from the fall of 1974, You Lay So Easy on My Mind. Two songs from this album, "Jason" and "I'll Never Love Anyone Anymore", were included as bonus tracks on the 2002 CD release of Williams's previous album, Andy.
- "Let's Love While We Can" (Ronny Scaife) - 2:49
- "Only Everything" (Randy Goodrum) - 3:32
- "Jason" (Deborah Kay Hupp, Robert E. Morrison) - 3:12
- "Beside Me" (Randy Goodrum) - 2:24
- "If I Were a Singer" (Marty Cooper) - 3:29
- "Railway Hotel" (Mike Batt) - 3:11
- "I Don't Want to Be in Love" (Charlie Black, Rory Michael Bourke) - 3:31
- "Love Is a Cold Wind" (Charlie Black, Rory Michael Bourke) - 3:53
- "Regrets" (Barbara Myrick) - 3:15
- "If I Reach for You" (Charlie Black, Mike Lawler) - 3:37
- "It Was Time" (Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil) - 4:13
- "I'll Never Love Anyone Anymore" (Laurie Andrew, Cedric Chiles) - 2:46
Barbara Fairchild entered the Country singles chart with "Let's Love While We Can" in the issue of Billboard magazine dated May 10, 1975, and reached number 52 over the course of 10 weeks. "Railway Hotel" first appeared on Mike Batt's 1977 album Schizophonia, and "Love Is a Cold Wind" was recorded by Roy Orbison for his 1979 album Laminar Flow. "Beside Me" by Steve Wariner made its first appearance on the Country singles chart in the August 4, 1979, issue of Billboard and got as high as number 60 during its seven weeks there. James Brown's recording of "Regrets" debuted on the Billboard R&B chart in the issue of the magazine dated January 26, 1980, and began a six-week run that took the song to number 63, and Kenny Rankin entered the Adult Contemporary chart with the song six months later, in the July 19 issue, and peaked at number 33 during his seven weeks there.
- Andy Williams - vocals
- Dick Peirce - producer
- Billy Sherrill - engineer
- Bill Justis - arrangements
- Yvonne Hodges - background vocals
- Donna McElroy - background vocals
- Lewis Nunley - background vocals
- Steve Pippin - background vocals
- Wendy Suits - background vocals
- Dennis Wilson - background vocals
- Gil Wright - background vocals
- Mary Ann Kennedy - female vocal solo ("Regrets")
- Slick Lawson - cover photo
- Keats Tyler - back cover photo
- Simon Cantwell - design
- David Briggs - piano
- Jimmy Capps - acoustic & rhythm guitars
- Jerry Carrigan - drums & percussion
- Chuck Cochran - piano
- Pete Drake - steel guitar
- Ray Edenton - acoustic & rhythm guitars
- Shane Keister - keyboards
- The Ron Keller Brass - brass
- Dave Kirby - acoustic & rhythm guitars
- Jerry Kroon - drums & percussion
- The Sheldon Kurland Strings - strings
- Mike Lawler - synthesizer
- Kenny Malone - drums & percussion
- Bob Moore - bass
- Roger Morris - keyboards
- Leon Rhodes - electric guitar
- Hargus "Pig" Robbins - piano
- Billy Sanford - electric guitar
- Jerry Shook - acoustic & rhythm guitars
- Jack Solomon - acoustic & rhythm guitars
- Pete Wade - electric guitar
- Recorded at Jack Clement Recording Studio, Nashville, Tennessee
- "You Lay So Easy on My Mind/Let's Love While We Can - Andy Williams". allmusic.com. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- (1980) Let's Love While We Can by Andy Williams [album jacket]. London: CBS Records 84136.
- "Andy (Bonus Tracks) - Andy Williams". allmusic.com. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 13 April 2011.
- Whitburn 2002, p. 109.
- "Schizophonia - Mike Batt". allmusic.com. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
- "Laminar Flow - Roy Orbison". allmusic.com. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
- Whitburn 2002, p. 376.
- Whitburn 2004, p. 85.
- Whitburn 2007, p. 225.
- Whitburn, Joel (2002), Joel Whitburn's Top Country Singles, 1944-2001, Record Research Inc., ISBN 0-89820-151-9
- Whitburn, Joel (2004), Joel Whitburn Presents Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles, 1942-2004, Record Research Inc., ISBN 0-89820-160-8
- Whitburn, Joel (2007), Joel Whitburn Presents Billboard Top Adult Songs, 1961-2006, Record Research Inc., ISBN 0-89820-169-1