Lima Mall in March 2014.
|Address||2400 Elida Road|
|Developer||Edward J. DeBartolo, Sr.|
|Owner||Simon Property Group|
|No. of stores and services||65|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||742,000 square feet|
|No. of floors||1 (2 in Elder-Beerman)|
Lima Mall opened in 1965. Originally 166,000 square feet in size, the mall was one of the first smaller, regional centers built by Edward J. DeBartolo, Sr.. Lazarus was added as an anchor in 1971. Another anchor, a local department store called The Leader, was sold to Elder-Beerman in the mid-1970s. An F. W. Woolworth Company store closed at the mall in mid-1997. The Lazarus store became Lazarus-Macy's in 2003, then dropped the Lazarus name in 2005.
Over the years, the Lima Mall has seen lots of changes. The focal point of the mall in years past was a large stone fountain. This fountain in recent years has been removed. The mall also used to be home to many local events such as the annual home show, family fun fair, farm show, and car show. These events drew in thousands of people, but unfortunately are no longer activities held on the premises. The MCL cafeteria also used to be a landmark in the Lima Mall. This was a family dining place that saw much of its business on Friday and Saturday nights. Once again, it is another place that no longer is in business at the Lima Mall. Changing times, technology, and tastes have contributed to many of these past treasures no longer being around.
- "Do Business at Lima Mall, a Simon Property.". simon.com. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- Meyers, D.; Meyers, B.; Walker, E.M. (2011). Look to Lazarus: The Big Store. History Press. p. 110. ISBN 9781609492991. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- Carnes, J.R.; Hughes, B.B.; Allen County Historical Society (Ohio); Lima Public Library (1976). The 1976 history of Allen County, Ohio: a bicentennial project of the Allen County Historical Society and the Lima Public Library. Unigraphic. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- "Toledo Blade - Google News Archive Search". news.google.com. Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- LimaOhio.com. "Stores coming, going at Lima Mall - LimaOhio.com - limaohio.com". limaohio.com. Retrieved 2015-03-13.