|Barrels per year||75,000 hL|
The history of Lindemans begins in the eighteenth century, as a family farm with a small brewery; the brewery's patriarch was Frans Lindemans, the brother of the then-baillif of Gaasbeek. Commercial brewing began in 1811. In 1930, with the growing success of the brewery, the agricultural activity was stopped, and the Kriek and Gueuze were first brewed. They produced their first Faro in 1978. In 1979, Lindemans became the first brand of lambic to be imported to the United States. In 2003, they expanded production to 8 million liters a year, and added a line for 25 cl bottles, and in 2007 expanded again, with an eye on the Asian market, specifically China. Lindemans has begun exporting to Russia, but the United States is still their largest foreign market.
Lindemans Faro is a lambic beer. The first Lindemans Faro was brewed in 1978, when the beverage was becoming popular again. At 4% ABV, it is considered a light beer. It is available in 375 ml and 750 ml bottles.
Because of the limited availability of sour cherries from Schaerbeek, the traditional ingredient for kriek, Lindemans Kriek is made using unsweetened cherry juice which is added to a mixture of lambics of different ages. The resulting beer is described as less sour and more fruity. It contains 4.0% ABV.
- Best fruit beer, International Beer Awards Hong Kong, 2009, for the Lambic Framboise
- World's Best Sour Beer, World Beer Awards, 2013, for Old Kriek Cuvee Rene
- Muylaert, Jan (18 April 2007). "Geuzebrouwer lonkt naar China: Lindemans investeert fors in opslagcapaciteit". Het Nieuwsblad. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- "Acht miljoen liter bier per jaar". Het Nieuwsblad. 3 January 2003. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- Driessche, Linda vanden (31 July 2004). "Feest voor 300 jaar: Baljuwhoeve Hoeve al 170 jaar eigendom van familie Van Cutsem". Het Nieuwsblad. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- Depraetere, Ingrid (10 December 2008). "'We kunnen veel van elkaar leren': Russen tonen interesse in Sint-Pieters-Leeuw" (in Dutch). Het Nieuwsblad. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- "Framboise Lindemans scoort in Hong Kong". Het Nieuwsblad. 8 September 2009. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- "Drie Belgische bieren bekroond in Hongkong" (in 7 September 2009). Dutch: De Tijd. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- Lindemans Old Kriek Cuvee Rene: World's Best Sour Beer