April 26, 1970 |
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
|Alma mater||New School for Social Research|
Lisa Unger (born April 26, 1970) is an American author of contemporary fiction. Her novels have appeared on The New York Times Best Seller list, have sold more than 1.7 million copies and have been translated into twenty-six languages.
Unger was born in New Haven, Connecticut but grew up in the Netherlands, England, New Jersey and New York City, where she graduated from the New School for Social Research. She now lives in Florida with her husband and daughter.
Awards and Honors
Black Out was selected as a Today show "Top 10" Summer Read, a BookSense Notable, won the Silver Medal for popular fiction in the 2008 Florida Book Awards and was a finalist in the 2009 Prix Polar International award.
Beautiful Lies was selected as a Doubleday bookclub International Book of the Month. It was also chosen in 21st place in the top 50 "Best Books of 2006" by the editors of Amazon.com, a BookSense pick and a finalist in the International Thriller Writers Organization "Best Novel" Award in 2007.
The Whispers Series (short stories about Eloise Montgomery)
- Crazy Love You (February 2015)
- In the Blood (2014) - Standalone
- Heartbroken (2012) - Standalone
- Darkness, My Old Friend (2011) - Jones Cooper #2
- Fragile (2010) - Jones Cooper #1
- Die for You (2009) - Standalone
- Black Out (2008) - Standalone
- Sliver of Truth (2007) - Ridley Jones #2
- Beautiful Lies (2006) - Ridley Jones #1
Writing as Lisa Miscione. Re-released in 2011 by Crown Publishing Group
- Smoke (2005) - Lydia Strong #4
- Twice (2004) - Lydia Strong #3
- The Darkness Gathers (2003) - Lydia Strong #2
- Angel Fire (2002) - Lydia Strong #1
- "Official Web Site of Bestselling Author Lisa Unger". Retrieved 2014-04-17.
- "BookSense pick January 2007". booksense.com. May 2006. Retrieved 2008-05-15.
- "Doubleday Entertainment’s Newest International Book-of-the-Month Selection is Lisa Unger’s Thrilling New Novel Beautiful Lies" (Press release). Doubleday Entertainment. 2006-05-01. Retrieved 2008-05-15.
- "Best Books of 2006: Editors' Top 50". amazon.com. 2006. Retrieved 2008-05-15.
- "BookSense pick May 2006". booksense.com. May 2006. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- "Bookreporter.com - The 2006 Thriller Awards". bookreporter.com. 2007-03-17. Retrieved 2008-05-15.
- Lisa Unger's website
- Lisa Unger on a Comfort Junkie’s Resistance to Adventure Travel (The Wall Street Journal March 2015)