The Miami Heat are a professional basketball team based in Miami, Florida that competes in the National Basketball Association (NBA). The Heat were formed in 1988 as an expansion franchise along with the Charlotte Hornets. The Heat and the Orlando Magic are the two NBA franchises that are located in the state of Florida. Since entering the league, Miami has fielded squads that have made the playoffs 17 out of 25 seasons, captured eleven division titles, five conference titles and three NBA Championships. They defeated the Dallas Mavericks in the 2006 NBA Finals, the Oklahoma City Thunder in the 2012 NBA Finals, and the San Antonio Spurs in the 2013 NBA Finals.
Note: Statistics are correct as of the 2013–14 season.
||Conference champions *
||Division champions ^
||Playoff berth #
Note: Statistics are correct as of June 15, 2014.
|Miami Heat regular season record (1988–present)
|Miami Heat post-season record (1992–present)
|All-time regular and post-season record (1988-present)
- ^ The formula is as follows:
- ^ a b The Conf. finish and Div. finish column lists regular season results and excludes postseason play.
- ^ a b The Wins and Losses columns list regular season results and exclude any postseason play. Regular and postseason records are combined only below the table.
- ^ Due to a lockout, the season did not start until February 5, 1999, and all 29 teams played a shortened 50 game regular season schedule.
- ^ Due to a lockout, the season did not start until December 25, 2011 and all 30 teams played a shortened 66-game regular season schedule.