Lords of Acid
|Lords of Acid|
Praga Khan and DJ Mea in Tulsa, OK during their 2011 Sonicangel tour.
|Genres||Industrial, Techno, Acid house, Hardcore, New Beat, Rave|
|Labels||Lektroland, Metropolis Records, dpulse Recordings|
|Associated acts||Praga Khan, Digital Orgasm, Jade 4U, The Immortals, Channel X, 101|
|Past members||Olivier Adams
Nikkie Van Lierop
Lords of Acid is a Belgian-American post-industrial/techno band, led by musician Praga Khan. They debuted with the controversial new beat single "I Sit on Acid" in 1988. Created by Jade 4U, Praga Khan and Olivier Adams; their debut album, 1991's Lust (along with additional singles "Rough Sex" and "I Must Increase My Bust"), were critically acclaimed within the electronic music and dance music communities for their outrageously sexual lyrics and sound samples. Their second album was Voodoo-U, which featured a more industrial sound. This was followed by Our Little Secret (1997), Heaven Is an Orgasm (1998) and Expand Your Head (1999). In 2000 they released a more rock-influenced album entitled Farstucker and in 2003, after being in the business for fifteen years, released a greatest hits album called Greatest T*ts.
Their fans formed an online community called the Children of Acid.
In 2010 after being silent for almost ten years, Praga Khan announced a new EP, "Little Mighty Rabbit," was in the works with a September 2011 release date. Their latest album Deep Chills was released on 10 April 2012. Tracks on the album included "Children of Acid," "Paranormal Energy" with Zak Bagans, and "Pop That Tooshie" with Alana Evans.
Band members 
- Current members
- Murv Douglas - Bass
- Maurice Engelen (aka Praga Khan) - Synthesizers and programming, vocals
- Méa Fisher (aka DJ Méa) - Lead vocals 
- Andre Karkos (aka Virus) - Guitars
- Kirk Salvador - Drums and electronic percussion
- Key former members
- Olivier Adams - Synthesizers and programming, drums, vocals
- Ludo Camberlin (aka Carl S. Johansen) - Guitars, synthesizers and programming
- Ruth McArdle (aka Lady Galore and Cherrie Blue) - Vocals on Voodoo-U
- Deborah Ostrega - Lead Vocals on Farstucker and Private Parts
- Nikkie Van Lierop (aka Jade 4U and Darling Nikkie) - Lead Vocals, synthesizers and programming
- Other contributors
- Zak Bagans - Guest vocals
- Hans Bruyninckx (aka Hans-X) - Bass
- Lacey Conner - Live vocals (Sextreme Ball Tour)
- Wim Daans (aka Shai de la Luna) - Live Synthesizers and programming
- Natalie Delaet - Live vocals, dancer
- Glenn Engelen - Music and Arrangements
- Alana Evans - Guest vocals
- Erhan Kurkun - Guitars, Music and Arrangements
- Kurt Liekens (aka Kurt McGuinness) - Drums and electronic percussion
- Tejo De Roeck (aka Tej-Doo) - Additional synthesizers and programming
- Sin Quirin - Live guitars (Sextreme Ball Tour)
- Inja Van Gastel - Live vocals, synthesizers, dancer
- Amelia Wright - Live Lead vocals
Further information 
Olivier Adams and Praga Khan are also known for their work on Mortal Kombat: The Album, based on the controversial video game performing as The Immortals Jade 4U provided backing vocals on the track "Kano (Use Your Might)"
Lords of Acid made a cameo appearance in an adult pornographic film 54, performing "Finger Lickin' Good", "Stripper" and "Stoned on Love Again".
Although being named the "Queen of New Beat", Jade 4U had expressed her distaste for the genre in the beginning.
- "Twitter / Maurice Engelen : Looking forward to a peace". Twitter.com. 2010-12-30. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- Metropolis Mail-Order // Deep Chills. Metropolis-mailorder.com. Retrieved on 2012-05-09.
- Zak Bagans: Demon Hunter, Author, & Vocalist??. Affairs Magazine (2011-08-16). Retrieved on 2012-05-09.
- Immortals, The - Mortal Kombat (CD) at Discogs. Discogs.com. Retrieved on 2012-05-09.
- Digital Orgasm Discography at Discogs. Discogs.com. Retrieved on 2012-05-09.
- Discogs. Discogs. Retrieved on 2013-02-06.
- What happened to Jade 4U and CJ Bolland Part 1. YouTube (2009-11-17). Retrieved on 2012-05-09.
- [dead link]