|Born||10 June 1970|
|Origin||Onești, Bacău, Romania|
|Genres||Pop, pop-rock, Author, dance, soul|
|Occupation(s)||Model, entertainer, singer, panelist, actress, songwriter, businesswoman, record producer, television host, dancer|
|Labels||Romanian dub of Gloria in Happy Feet Two (2012)|
Loredana Groza (born 10 June 1970) is a Romanian pop singer-songwriter, model, actress, dancer, TV personality, media proprietor, and coach in the talent show Vocea României  known for alternating music styles. She began her career in Onești, Romania. She is married to Andrei Boncea and they have one daughter.
Her debut album Bună seara, iubito, which was released in 1988, and the title song remains her biggest hit to this day.
In 2002, inspired by the huge success of her album Agurida, Loredana decided to go further in rediscovering and reinterpriting some old Romanian songs after meticulous research on the period between the two world wars. The result was the live performance Zaraza–vânzătoarea de plăceri on Pro TV which was released in December 2002 on MC, CD and VHS support.
Her song "Vreau toată noaptea" was falsely rumoured to be taking part in the Romanian National Final for the Eurovision Song Contest 2006. This contradicted Loredana's comments that she would never take part in the national selection following her defeat in 2005 with the song "Lele". The rumour was, however, quashed following the publication of the participants in the 2006 National Final.
Life and career
1970–1986: Early life and career beginnings
Loredana Groza was born in Onești, Romania, on 10 July 1970. She started singing at the age of three and she continued to sing throughout her school years. When she was 14, she was noticed by composers Dumitru Moroșanu and Jolt Kerestely, who invited her to Bucharest for the talent show "Steaua fără nume" ("The Star Without a Name"), although she was too young, as the minimum admission age was 17. She competed in the talent show in 1986, at 16 years old, and won the big prize. In the same year, she competed in the National Music Festival in Mamaia, where she got the best newcomer prize, which made her the youngest winner ever.
In 1987, at Costinești Music Festival, she met the famous pop music composer Adrian Enescu. He wrote the song "O inimă de 16 ani" for her, and after it became a hit, he decided to write a whole album for her. Thus Loredana’s first album, "Bună seara, iubito" was released in 1988. Although the title song was not broadcast on Romanian television because of the Communist censorship, the album was a huge success, being sold in one million copies. In 1989, Adrian Enescu and Lucian Avramescu produced her second album, "Un buchet de trandafiri", that was also successful.
Her career recorded a hiatus until 1994, when Loredana came back with the album Atitudine and a live show meant to revive her status as a pop star. In 1995 she toured the country with the band Direcția 5. 1995 was also the year when she released the album Născuta toamnă. In 1996 she released the album Tomilio  and started the collaboration with ProTV and Media Pro Music. In 1997 she gave an unplugged concert at the National Theatre. She also featured on the hugely successful hit single "Lumea e a mea" by B.U.G. Mafia. In 1999 she released the successful EP Aromaroma.
In 2000, Loredana appeared on the cover of Playboy magazine, which sold out and confirmed her as a sex symbol, more than ten years after her career took off. In 2001, Loredana hired Adrian Enescu again for the album Diva înamorată.
In 2006, she was the host of the MTV Romania Awards. In 2007, she was the warm-up artist for George Michael’s concert in Bucharest. Loredana is married to the TV producer Andrei Boncea. They have a daughter, Elena.
Extravaganza music video
The video for the title song of her latest album, Extravaganza, was shot in Las Vegas. There were no directors, no make-up artists and no stylists for the video; she planned the majority of the production by herself. It was a huge success.
- 1988 – Bună seara, iubito
- 1989 – Un buchet de trandafiri
- 1994 – Atitudine
- 1995 – Nascută toamna
- 1996 – Tomilio
- 1998 – Lumea e a mea
- 1999 – AromAroma
- 2000 – Diva înamorată
- 2001 – Agurida
- 2002 – Zaraza – Vânzătoarea de plăceri
- 2003 – Fata cu șosete de diamant
- 2004 – Zig Zagga Extravaganza
- 2006 – Jamparalele
- 2007 – My Love
- 2007 – Made in Romanie
- 2008 – Tzuki Tzuki EP
- 2009 – SunDance
- 2010 – IubiLand
- 2012– Apa
- 2010 – Rain Rain Remixed, for Rain Rain Single released on 1 July 2010
- 2002 – Lori
- 2007 – Inimă de țigan
- 2008 – Supraviețuitorul
- 2008 – Regina
- 2009 – Aniela
- 2009 – State de România: Student la Sorbona
- 2009 – Fire and Ice: The Dragon Chronicles
- 2009 – Jos pălăria, PRO TV!
- 2011 - Vocea României
- "Bună seara, iubito!"
- "Rain Rain"
- "New York, New York!"
- "Viața e frumoasă"
- "Uite așa, măi"
- "Lele" Peak: 1, Romanian Top 100
- "Zig-Zagga" Peak: 1, Romanian Top 100
- "Silent Night"
- "Șatra în asfințit" Peak: 3, Romanian Top 100
- "Tzuki" Peak: 4, Romanian Top 100
- "Regina" Peak: 17, Romanian Top 100
- "Cry Out"
- "Fire and Ice" Peak: 187, Billboard Hot 200
- "Frumoasa mea"
- "Like a Rockstar" Peak: 43,French Top 100
- "Once Upon a December"
- "Apa" (feat. Cabron)
- "Bună seara, iubito!"
- "Șatra în asfințit"
- "Fire and Ice"
- "Like a Rockstar"
- "Apa" (feat. Cabron)
- Minte-mă frumos (2012)- Yvonne
- State de România (2010) – Special guest star
- Aniela – (2009)
- Fire and Ice: The Dragon Chronicles – Lia (2008)
- Regina – Rodia (2008–2009)
- Inimă de țigan – Rodia (2007–2008)
- Supraviețuitorul – Lory (2007)
- Gheonoaia – Ana (1998)
- Paradisul în direct (1994)
- A doua cădere a Constantinopolului (1994)
- Cuibul de viespi – Marinela (1987)
Jack the Giant Slayer (2012) as a girl who was in the castle.
- Vocea României (2011)
- Jos pălăria, PRO TV! (2009)
- Miss ROmândria 2009 (2009)
- PoveȘtirile Reginei (2009)
- PoveȘtiri adevărate (2008–present)
- Al 9lea Cer (2007–2008)
- Povestea Loredanei (2006)
- "Loredana | Vocea Romaniei | ProTv". Vocearomaniei.protv.ro. Retrieved 2013-08-21.
- "George Michael a ales-o pe Loredana". egirl.ro (in Romanian). 22 March 2007. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- Interviu cu Jolt Kerestely
- Steaua fara nume - cel mai important spectacol de pe vremea lui Ceausescu - VIDEO - www.acasatv.ro
- Loredana Groza
- Loredana Groza - Bună Seara, Iubito! (Vinyl, LP, Album) at Discogs
- Buna seara, iubito - YouTube
- Loredana Groza - Un Buchet De Trandafiri at Discogs
- Directia 5 feat Loredana Groza - Cred ca esti extrem de delicata - YouTube
- Loredana* - Tomilio at Discogs
- Loredana - informatii despre Loredana, melodii, poze, clipuri
- Loredana - Lumea e a Mea (feat. B.U.G. Mafia) - YouTube
- Loredana* - Aromaroma (Cassette) at Discogs
- FOTO NECENZURATE cu cele mai hot vedetele din Romania care au pozat DEZBRACATE! Atentie, ipostaze fierbinti! - Romania SuperStar
- Loredana - Diva inamorata - YouTube
- Loredana - Agurida - albumul Loredana - Agurida al Loredana, detalii, melodii
- Loredana* - Fata Cu Șosete De Diamant (CD, Album) at Discogs
- Loredana - Extravaganzza - YouTube
- Azi, premiile MTV
- Loredana canta in deschiderea lui George Michael
- Loredana – Free listening, concerts, stats, & pictures at Last.fm