|Lorraine E. Schwartz|
|Works||Diamond and gold jewelry|
Lorraine Schwartz is an American jeweller.
Lorraine E. Schwartz Inc. is based in New York City. The jewelry business has been a part of Schwartz's family for three generations, run mostly as a small business. Schwartz took over the family business in 1989, after her mother died from cancer at age 55. She renamed the company Lorraine Schwartz Diamonds & Fine Jewelry. She also remade the company business model so that her works are sold only at Bergdorf Goodman in New York City, by appointment at her 5th Avenue showroom in Manhattan and by private commission.
Schwartz states that in 2002 Halle Berry wore her jewellery on the red carpet." Since, she has designed for celebrities such as Beyoncé Knowles, Jennifer Lopez and Cate Blanchett. For ESPN The Magazine, she made a "30-carat, diamond-and-ruby logo" for their 10th anniversary baseball caps. She was also involved in the "Art for Life" gala in 2007, which was led by Russell Simmons and his ex-wife, Kimora Lee Simmons. In the 2006 Beyoncé song, "Upgrade U", Lorraine Schwartz is mentioned.
In 2009, she created the Shulamit Benjamini Sandberg Medical Research Grant, which supports a physician with $225,000 to last over three years for cancer research. It was created "in honor of her late mother".
- City-Data, City Data for Lorraine E. Schwartz Inc. Accessed August 31, 2010.
- NPR, 'The Queen Of Bling' Preps For The Oscars February 19, 2009. Retrieved August 31, 2010.
- "Vibe Aug 2004" - Google Books
- "Lorraine Schwartz, Jeweler to the Stars, Tells Us About Her New Charity, 'Muse' Beyoncé and Possible Diffusion Line" - Style List
- "Vibe Jun 2003" - Google Books
- Styleinterviews.com, Lorraine Schwartz Board of Directors for Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation March 16, 2010. Retrieved August 31, 2010.
- "New York, Volume 31" - Google Books
- Gallery Atlantic, Lorraine Schwartz The Queen of Bling 2009. Accessed August 31, 2010.
- "Oscar hopefuls for hire in fashion house wars". The Times
- "Red carpet revenue". Los Angeles Times
- "Billboard Nov 1, 2003" - Google Books
- "Designer Spotlight" - In Style
- "Diamonds Lit Up The Strip at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards" - PR Newswire
- "C'mon ... Vogue?" Chicago Tribune
- "Schwartz to donate bracelet for Simmons' gala" National Jeweler
- "Luxury Ties, Fancy Suites: A Guide To Beyonce And Jay-Z's 'Upgrade U'" MTV