|Studio album by Teddy Pendergrass|
|Released||November 30, 1984|
|Genre||Contemporary R&B, Soul, Quiet Storm|
|Producer||Michael Masser, Luther Vandross|
|Teddy Pendergrass chronology|
|Singles from Love Language|
Love Language was the eighth album by R&B/Soul crooner Teddy Pendergrass. It was his first record for Asylum Records after being a longtime artist on Philadelphia International Records. It did much better on the Billboard 200 than his last two records, peaking at #38. He had not reached the top forty on the album charts since 1981's It's Time for Love. The album was composed and produced by Michael Masser, with the exception of the track You're My Choice Tonight (Choose Me) (#15 R&B chart 3 Nov 1984) which was produced by Luther Vandross and featured Cissy Houston on background vocals and as 'Solo Female Voice'. Hold Me (#46 Hot 100 (28 July 1984) #6 Adult Contemporary Chart) written by Masser and Linda Creed was a duet with Whitney Houston (it later turned up on Houston's debut album).
The track In my Time reached number 11 on the South African charts, spending seven weeks in the top 20.
Songs from the album were used on the soundtrack to Alan Rudolph's film Choose Me. "The songs are performed by Teddy Pendergrass and he's just right. The entire movie has a lilting, loose, choreographic flow to it." 
- "In My Time" (Michael Masser, Cynthia Weil) – 3:48
- "So Sad The Song" (Gerry Goffin, Masser) – 3:23
- "Hot Love" (Linda Creed, Masser, Ray Parker, Jr.) – 4:43
- "Stay With Me" (Goffin, Masser) – 4:19
- "Hold Me" (Duet with Whitney Houston) (Creed, Masser) – 5:59
- "You're My Choice Tonight (Choose Me)" (Marcus Miller, Luther Vandross) – 4:48
- "Love" (Randy Goodrum, Masser) – 4:28
- "This Time Is Ours" (Goffin, Masser) – 3:22
- Tracks 1-5, 7 & 8 Arranged & Produced by Michael Masser for Prince Street Productions, Inc. Strings & Horns Arranged by Gene Page. Recording Engineers: Michael Mancini, Dean Burt, Guy Charbonneau, Cliff Bonnell. Mixed by Guy Charbonneau; remix by Bill Schnee. Drums: Carlos Vega; Bass: Nathan East; Keyboards: Randy Kerber, Michael Masser, Ray Parker, Jr. (also played guitars on "Hot Love"); Guitars: Paul Jackson Jr.
- Track 6 Arranged & Produced by Luther Vandross for Vandross Ltd. Rhythm Arrangements: Marcus Miller. Strings & Horns Arranged by Nat Adderley Jr. Recording Engineers: Ray Bardani, Michael Barbiero, Doug Epstein, Michael Brauer, Guy Charbonneau. Drums: Yogi Horton; Percussion: Steve Kroon, Crusher Bennett; Bass/Synthesizer: Marcus Miller; Keyboards: Nat Adderley Jr.; Guitars: Doc Powell