|Duchess of Floridia|
|Spouse||Benedict Grifeo, Prince of Partanna
Ferdinand I of the Two Sicilies
|House||House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies|
19 July 1770|
Syracuse, Kingdom of Sicily
|Died||26 April 1826
Naples, Kingdom of the Two Sicilies
Lucia Migliaccio, Duchess of Floridia (19 July 1770, Syracuse, Sicily - 26 April 1826, Naples) was the second wife of Ferdinand I of the Two Sicilies. Their marriage was morganatic and Lucia was never a Queen consort.
She was a daughter of Vincent Migliaccio and Dorotea Borgia. Her mother came from Spain. Lucia Migliacco had several sons, among which Lucia Borbone that married Salvatore Sagnelli. Both of them are buried in Maddaloni, near Caserta.
She married first Benedict Grifeo, Prince of Partanna
On 27 November 1814, Lucia married Ferdinand I of the Two Sicilies, also known as Ferdinand III of Sicily, in Palermo. The bride was forty-four years old and the groom sixty-three. Their marriage created a scandal as it took place on September 8, 1814, within three months of the death of his first wife Queen Maria Carolina of Austria had died. Protocol rules required at least one year period of mourning. By then, Ferdinand had already practically abdicated his power by naming their eldest son Prince Francis as his regent and delegating most decisions to him. His deceased queen, Maria Carolina, herself was considered the de facto ruler of Sicily until 1812. Lucia after her marriage had very limited influence and little interest in politics.
Ferdinand was restored to the throne of the Kingdom of Naples by right of his victory on the Battle of Tolentino (3 May 1815) over rival monarch Joachim I. On 8 December 1816 he merged the thrones of Sicily and Naples under the name of the throne of the Two Sicilies, with Francis still serving as his Regent and Lucia as the Royal consort.
Ferdinand continued to rule until his death on 4 January 1825. Lucia survived him by a year and three months.
Titles and styles
- 1770-1776: Donna Lucia Migliaccio e Borgia, Princess of Baucina
- 1776-1781: Donna Lucia Migliaccio e Borgia, The 12th Duchess of Floridia
- 1781-1812: Donna Lucia Migliaccio e Borgia in Grifeo, The Princess Consort of Partanna, The Duchess Consort of Ciminna
- 1812-1814: Donna Lucia Migliaccio e Borgia ved Grifeo, The Dowager Princess of Partanna,
- 1814-1816: Her Royal Highness Princess Lucia Migliaccio e Borgia ved Grifeo in Borbone, The Princess Consort of Naples and Sicily
- 1816-1825: Her Royal Highness Princess Lucia Migliaccio e Borgia ved Grifeo in Borbone, The Princess Consort of the Two Sicilies
- 1825-1826: Her Royal Highness Princess Lucia Migliaccio e Borgia ved Grifeo ved Borbone, The Dowager Princess Consort of the Two Sicilies
Media related to Lucia Migliaccio of Floridia at Wikimedia Commons
- Her profile in Peerage.com
- A Genealogy of the Royal Family of the Two Sicilies at the Wayback Machine (archived October 28, 2009)